Daydreaming on shadow catcher

Started by uuderzo, July 14, 2020, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: uuderzo on July 20, 2020, 03:14:57 AM
Quote from: Kadri on July 19, 2020, 11:45:54 PMDoes have anyone tried the classic erosion plugin (maybe the procedural could work too)?
While i like your solution, please allow me to ask you to elaborate on how you used the null shader. Current TG documentation on it is really poor and i cannot guess how did you make it route to the planet for rendering.

The null shader is just a null. So you could use it to pipe another shader further down the tree, so it's easier to connect to other things when you node network is too big to handle when zoomed out (grabbing and inputting connections).

You can also store shaders within a null container, and pipe them out of it, using it as a nifty shader container to organize your node network.

Kadri

Quote from: uuderzo on July 20, 2020, 03:14:57 AM
Quote from: Kadri on July 19, 2020, 11:45:54 PMDoes have anyone tried the classic erosion plugin (maybe the procedural could work too)?
While i like your solution, please allow me to ask you to elaborate on how you used the null shader. Current TG documentation on it is really poor and i cannot guess how did you make it route to the planet for rendering.
Not sure about which part you ask. I used a plane for easier-faster testing the procedural erosion shader.
But tested the classic erosion instead.
If you mean from an input kind of approach you just hower your mouse over the input where you want it to (here over the input of the default shader in the plane object. Planet surface rendering OFF) and choose "Assign shader" (if you already have the null shader) with mouse right click. Does this help?

Dune