Spirit

Started by Lucio, November 25, 2007, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

They also used Vue for the foreground. They used matte techniques for the mid and background.
They probably used phototextures as you mentioned. All very interesting indeed :)

Sorry I misquoted you Calico. SDK's is what you meant. And as I already stated, studios use SDK's/proprietary code for almost any software they use. So in the future the same will probably and hopefully happen with TG :)

green_meklar

QuoteOne software package to serve all the industry's needs isn't just possible
Yes, and it was also said (about a hundred years ago) that 'man would not fly for a thousand years' and that 'there is nothing new to be discovered in physics'. History has taught us that when people say things are impossible, they tend to be wrong. I don't think a universal renderer, or even a universal imaging program, is at all impossible.
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

rcallicotte

YES!!!   ;D  My wish, too.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on November 29, 2007, 10:47:16 AM
So in the future the same will probably and hopefully happen with TG :)

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: green_meklar on November 29, 2007, 11:05:07 AM
QuoteOne software package to serve all the industry's needs isn't just possible
Yes, and it was also said (about a hundred years ago) that 'man would not fly for a thousand years' and that 'there is nothing new to be discovered in physics'. History has taught us that when people say things are impossible, they tend to be wrong. I don't think a universal renderer, or even a universal imaging program, is at all impossible.

Ghehe, absolutely true, but as long as money is involved? ;D ;)

rcallicotte

@TA - If someone builds it, the money will likely come.   ;D

Cyber-Angel

It is my view that such a program would be immense in both scope and undertaking and would be channeling to create a user-friendly interface, and would need to support dozens of file formats to be compatible with other software.

I have other views on this subject, Should we start a new thread on this subject as to keep this one on topic?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

rcallicotte

Shoot.   ;D

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on November 29, 2007, 05:34:03 PM
I have other views on this subject, Should we start a new thread on this subject as to keep this one on topic?

Cyber-Angel   

Will

Sure but I say general discussion if we begin talking about hypothetical programs.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Harvey Birdman

I'm no expert, but that has to be one of the most professional projects I've seen here. Very, very nice, guy.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Will on November 29, 2007, 07:30:08 PM
Sure but I say general discussion if we begin talking about hypothetical programs.

I agree :)

Hey Lucio, don't know if you'll like it but how about rendering a nice carmodel in a TG-environment, like in commercials/ads?

old_blaggard

Actually, I've been looking for a car model to do just that for quite a while - does anyone know where I could find a free, yet reasonably high-quality sports car model?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Lucio

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 02, 2007, 04:08:26 PMI agree :)

Hey Lucio, don't know if you'll like it but how about rendering a nice carmodel in a TG-environment, like in commercials/ads?

Hi Martin,
I think it would be great. The biggest limit is just my actual hardware and TG2 not yet optimized and multithreaded ;D

Lucio

Quote from: old_blaggard on December 02, 2007, 05:03:24 PM
Actually, I've been looking for a car model to do just that for quite a while - does anyone know where I could find a free, yet reasonably high-quality sports car model?

Don't know if it can be useful but you can try to check this

http://www.3dxtras.com/

j meyer

Or you could try it here:www.sharecg.com/

old_blaggard

Thanks :).  I found a car on the 3dxtras site, and I'll take a look at yours later today.  My only problem with finding objects is that I don't actually own any 3D apps other than Terragen - I can't do squat with .c4d, .max, .3ds, etc. files, and I hate imposing upon people to convert stuff every time I want an object ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.