Background Sphere Shader Repeating on Backside

Started by WAS, September 26, 2020, 01:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

So I'm a little puzzled. I decided to add a new galaxy to my new star field generator. But, I immediately noticed something strange. The Simple Shape Shader when rotated on X by 90, to put it on the horizon (just to rest rotating) it repeats on the back side of the sphere as well. I was puzzled why I was seeing the same thing when I switched to 180 rotation, because it literally is the same thing on the other side. Is this normal? Can I not have this happen? Or?

Dune

WAS

Hmm. Nope. An actual PF shader isn't doing the same shape on the other side. Next I'll try a manual function ellipsis.

Dune

WAS

I think it's because of the SSS at 0,0,0 to be rotatable. So it's being read from either side

cyphyr

Is it rendering like that or just showing up like that in the VP?

I have had similar issues with sun lights showing up in two places. Renders were fine though.

Check your default shaders specular settings.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

There is no default shader, it's all no-alpha except the stars, and glows which are from a masked surface layer with a Alpha background (for a post fx mask). The rest is just luminosity glow.

It's in the renders too. The example is a spherical render showing both sides of the BG sphere.