Does Frontier Build 4.5.43 over Frontier Build 4.5.38 need current maintenance ?

Started by KlausK, October 05, 2020, 04:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Question in the topic.

I do not have a current valid maintenance atm. Frontier build 4.5.38 is installed and licensed.
Will FB 4.5.43 accept that license or not?
Since the new installer overwrites / disables the last installation of TG I do not want to go through
this copy thing with my current installation just to learn afterwards that it only runs in demo mode.

Thanks for any hints.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Matt

The minimum maintenance expiry date for 4.5.43 is July 1, 2020, the same as 4.5.38.

In general, if the Software Updates window notifies you of a version that's outside your maintenance, it shows a message that says "Your maintenance has expired", and in recent versions it replaces the "Download..." button with a "View Details..." button. If it doesn't say your maintenance has expired then you can click the download button and install that version.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

KlausK

Thank you very much, Matt.
Going to install the latest Frontier Build now :)

Now that you mention this I seem to remember to have read something like this in a "Change Log" sometime before...

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)