"Global Climate" project...

Started by AzurePlanet, November 28, 2007, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzurePlanet

Hi,  :)
some weeks ago I started a project to colour an Earth-like planet according its "climate".
I know that this is a really difficult challenge, but I like to try...
So, this is a WIP and now I've got an interesting result but I'm not yet completely satisfied, because I'd like to achieve a good level of representation either from space and surface.
I think that my actual result is quite satisfying for space scenes, but not so for low altitude ones.
If you are interested in this project and have some ideas, feel free to contribute in its developement, if requested I can even post the original tgd file.

vissroid

wow. this is looking wonderfully as messy as mine. lol!

keep it up. I'm liking where its going.

old_blaggard

This looks like it has potential :).  I played with doing this myself a while ago - here's my little contribution.  Maybe you could use it (or a variant of it) for the poles.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

AzurePlanet

Quote from: old_blaggard on November 28, 2007, 01:47:40 PM
This looks like it has potential :).  I played with doing this myself a while ago - here's my little contribution.  Maybe you could use it (or a variant of it) for the poles.

Thanks for your file!
I see that you used functions to make ice polar caps: this is interesting, however I haven't yet tried to use functions within TG2-TP... I'm still playing with ready-to-use shaders...  :-[  ;D