Several questions I have

Started by ricky312, November 21, 2007, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricky312

I don't post as much as I should (i'm more of a looky loo ;D) but now Im getting in to functions and need help. I got some help by looking at some of the posted clip files but that only helps so much.  my first question is how do I turn a pf into a function(to clip and all that fun stuff). and second how do I use the redirect shader on clouds (if I can)?

nvseal

I don't know about the functions but for clouds you can make a warp shader, attach the cloud density fractal to the "shader" input, and then make a redirect shader and attach it to the "warper" input. Then all you have to do is plug the power fractals into the redirect shader to warp the clouds and you're done.

rcallicotte

Thanks for the explanation, nvseal.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

What is a "pf"? You can save a clip file of any node or group of nodes by selecting them in the node network then using File->Save Nodes As Clipe File, or right-clicking one of the selected nodes and choosing the same from the context menu.

- Oshyan

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

ricky312

yes pf means power fractal and thank you for the help so far I think it will be usefull.

Oshyan

You can't turn a Power Fractal or any other existing shader into a "function". Function nodes are a specific sub-set of the available nodes, indicated by a blue color. They can usually be intermixed with normal shader nodes, however they are designed to work generally with each other as component building blocks of more complex operations. There are a number of good function tutorials and resources around the forums here, including several good overviews in the User Contributed Tutorials section:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?board=6.0

- Oshyan