Previous topic - Next topic

luc BIANCO

A new scene, classic mountain range

Ter2020_22.jpg

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr

Dune

I like the crispness, and the cloud, but the whites are a bit washed out.

luc BIANCO

Quote from: Dune on October 12, 2020, 01:26:11 amI like the crispness, and the cloud, but the whites are a bit washed out.
Hi, it is also well my feeling, I have used .EXR output and it was hard to find the right position of the cursor

But anyway I will rework it, specially the center of pictures to put more small hills and create some shadow/light areas, here it is a bit too "flat"

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

Dune

Sometimes it helps if you use 2 layers with 2 exposures in Photoshop, and erase what's not needed, instead of a direct HDR conversion.

DocCharly65

Very nice, Luc.

About your rework plans: I personally would like it, if you e.g. add some forest clearings or little road, path or small river or something like that. 
I actually like the valley and its wide plain as it is.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 12, 2020, 01:48:20 amVery nice, Luc.

About your rework plans: I personally would like it, if you e.g. add some forest clearings or little road, path or small river or something like that.
I actually like the valley and its wide plain as it is.
Beautiful mountain and okay with DocCharly65 for the ground, and or maybe a few lakes?

luc BIANCO

October 13, 2020, 11:43:04 am #6 Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:04:14 am by luc BIANCO
A rework and final version... I have removed clouds, changed middle range of the picture by adding small variations.. and changed way to treat EXR to avoid to burn details of snow

Ter2020_23.jpg

This scene is available from now in my store : https://www.lucbianco.fr/store/mountain-range/

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

N-drju

You did a fantastic job on the frost line. The image is sharp indeed, which plays well here. I'd keep the clouds though. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Cool! I like the terrain in the second image more, but I agree, some clouds would make it even more interesting.

Jo Kariboo

luc BIANCO

Two alternative versions I did with low clouds

Ter2020_25.jpg

Ter2020_26.jpg

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

Jo Kariboo

Very nice! I prefer the last one.

Dune

So do I, though I like the cloud on the left as well. But in the first version the composition is a bit off balance, IMO, with the stark, attention drawing contrast on the far right and the far left, with the 'empty' darker area in the center.

luc BIANCO

Quote from: Dune on October 18, 2020, 01:41:47 amSo do I, though I like the cloud on the left as well. But in the first version the composition is a bit off balance, IMO, with the stark, attention drawing contrast on the far right and the far left, with the 'empty' darker area in the center.
Yes, it is why I prefer the version without clouds.. because if clouds are on the center we don't see ground but I like this valley ;-)
www.lucbianco.fr

Dune

Maybe just a few low clouds in the center of the empty valley?