Funny ears

Started by Dune, October 16, 2020, 02:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I could try that, but it would mean 10 glass shaders or so for all parts. I think the face, eyes and such would be the most important ones, not all the hairs... it might take ages.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2020, 05:36:58 AM... it might take ages.

Not necessarily. For my latest image ("Death in paradise") I had a regular shader for the dead body's skin in the foreground first. Then I decided to try subsurface scattering shaders for all skin parts.
Using the human shaders I shared here:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,27382.0.html
it was a piece of cake to insert the texture maps into the appropriate image map shaders.

Of course rendertimes are longer with the PT renderer, but as soon as there are human skin parts in the foreground or plants at all, I'd say it's worth the waiting.
Rendertime for my latest image (with loads and loads of plants and other objects) with the path tracer was six and a half hours for a 3K render. Not bad I'd say...

Dune

I'll pick up your share once again (probably have it somewhere, but that's faster). I tend to forget settings I don't use often.

masonspappy

Wait - I know this guy. Doesn't he work at Wal-Mart?

WAS

With hair you could most certainly probably get away with hard surface approximation which is much faster.

Dune

The glass shader was without reflection at first, which I later changed. The hair is far too low poly for such a close-up.

The background is a projected earlier render on a card.