Stratified Color Shader Set-Up

Started by RichTwo, February 13, 2022, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Not bad for the color diversity, but I want some kind of vertical warp to them.  I'll wait patiently and be thankful if anyone has a workable solution.
They're all wasted!

Dune

I had a quick go at it, and here's a 'Duned' version of your strata.

Hannes

RichTwo

I knew that there was a way, just not how. Thanks, Ulco!
They're all wasted!

WAS

I think I said I'd share an example of stratified rock, and totally didn't. So here we go.

RichTwo

After toying with Ulco's .tgd for a few hours, it appears I can get the results I was after, but I can't help but be curious of what the Simple Shape Shader does.  So here are three renders: first with the SSS untouched - you can see a sharp line of color displacement mismatching. Second: SSS disabled.  Third: SSS disabled and my color shader setup plugged in where the "test" PF was.  I'll probably be staying with the SSS off.
They're all wasted!

RichTwo

Quote from: WAS on February 14, 2022, 02:42:40 PMI think I said I'd share an example of stratified rock, and totally didn't. So here we go.
Wow, Jordan - you did that without a single Strata and Outcrops node?  Impressive!
They're all wasted!

Dune

The SSS method can be used to make stratification faults.

Hannes

Really impressive, guys! Cool solution for the faults, Ulco!

WAS

Quote from: Dune on February 16, 2022, 02:25:31 AMThe SSS method can be used to make stratification faults.
That's is a cool idea. I usually use a PF with high contrast (like 5+) and lower offset so it's blacks and whites.