Late Afternoon, Hill Country

Started by RichTwo, November 21, 2020, 05:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Inspired by the hilly terrain of south central Texas.  I think I got the ambient light where it  should be - a second sunlight 0.5 strength, 90 degree elevation with only lit surfaces.  I wasn't happy with GI or AO too much, though I used a default GI also.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments and support as of late!
They're all wasted!

masonspappy

I like this - nice setting and mood.

WAS

This looks great, though I wish the grass kept extending further out with the patches of bushes, though I know grass pops can be ridiculous.

Hannes

Looks nice, Rich.
But I have to say (and I say it very often, I'm afraid ;) ) I'm not a big fan of second suns, so if this is not rendered with the path tracer, you could also try increasing the environment light instead, which may look somehow more natural and less flat in terms of lighting.

raymoh

A nice visualization: For me the landscape should be brighter: The sun is still quite a bit above the horizon and not covered by clouds. For me the picture needs stronger sunlight and shadow.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

mhaze

DocCharly65

what a beautiful landscape and mood!

N-drju

Excellent work. And I actually like the dim, flat lighting this image uses, it just plays well here. I'd call it an advantage.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"