Sequence to image map

Started by james adamson, December 08, 2020, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

And the same for Terragen. If you render a sequence of 400 to 600 that's exactly what you get, and Terragen will read the files accordingly. And the timeline is probably not at 400 so the image map shader has no image. Not sure.

james adamson

I think I may have confused the issue. The timeline has and does behave as it should whatever number I have in my project settings. It is just when I have tried to use a sequence in the image map shader that I have had a problem. When I put %04d in the image map shader file input terragen is looking for a frame of 0000.jpeg so I have had to put dummy frames at the front of my sequence to get it work. So 399 dummy frames and all work as normal from there. I am just sure there must be something going on that I am missing because that can't be how it is supposed to work. Oh! maybe %04d+399 would work?
Anyway I'll leave there.

KlausK

When I remove the files 0000 - 0050 from a 100 frame long image sequenz I loaded in a image map shader (connected to  the Default shader of a Card) Terragen simply renders the Card black when I start the render at frame 0 in the timeline. When it reaches frame 51 it loads my bitmap from the sequence.
The annoying thing is that I cannot stop the Error Reporting popup window from popping up - even though I  turned that behaviour off in the Preferences.
So, this little bugger interferes for every missing frame...

CHeers Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

james adamson

Yeah. It is pretty quirky. I was going to try to put %04d+ the offset and see it that works but have not tried it yet.

Matt

If your shot goes from 400 to 600, your textures are named from 0400 to 0600, and you only try to move the timeline through frames 400 to 600, everything should work. What frame are you on when it's looking for frame 0000? The only time it should try to load 0000 is if you're on frame 0. But I wonder if there is some other part of the system that's not aware of the frame number. Is it applied to an object or the terrain? Are you using RTP or non-RTP?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

james adamson

Hi Matt.
Thanks for responding.
 Yep thats what I would expect. I was on frame 400. Loaded in sequence by selecting frame 0400.
When I did the copy and paste thing %04d I got an error saying can not find 0000.jpg.
So in the end I rendered my source clip out looped 3 times so it went from 0000-0600 and it worked fine.
The map is applied to an obj. I was getting the errors before I even tried to look at the preview I was looking at the preview image
on the image map shader and would just get an empty white box. After extending the clip like I said it worked fine.

Matt

Thanks for the additional information. I think it might be coming from our OpenGL textured object preview using frame 0. You can probably avoid the error by creating 0000 and the rest won't be needed. RTP should show the animated texture.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.