Spam!!!!

Started by Hannes, December 04, 2020, 06:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I noticed, there is a lot of spamming here lately. This is really annoying!!!! Maybe it is too easy for bots for example to create accounts?

Dune

Maybe each person wanting to participate should be evaluated...

Hannes

Yes, something like that.
I don't get it. What is the benefit from that?

Dune

Click dangerous or ad links or so. Waste of effort.

WAS

Other SMF sites don't seem to have this issue. There has to be a better plugin.

I still think members who are trusted should have basic mod abilities to deal with these as they come and not expose unknowing users to viruses and phishing.

I guess I'm not worthy as I can't even move topics anymore like others but it would help. Plenty others on here more often than staff.

KlausK

There  is staff ? - other than the occasional Matt ?
Yeah, and it is really annoying for sure.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

Quote from: KlausK on December 04, 2020, 07:46:01 PMThere  is staff ? - other than the occasional Matt ?

Well I guess there is just @Kevin Kipper and @Hetzen  moderates the Functions section.

sboerner

This is starting to get out of hand. A little off-putting for newcomers, I would think. :P

N-drju

I believe this is, sadly, becoming a norm worldwide.

I actually try to do some damage control now, as one of my e-mails has been used to subscribe to almost every possible brand newsletter there is. I'm sure some spamming bot has been used. But this also hints at how "moral" contemporary businesses are in trying to get people's attention.

At first, I thought I will just write to the companies that the junk mail arrived from but then I changed my mind because:

1. That would be too much of a hassle.
2. It might be just what they want - my attention.

It's neither a precious or a business mail though, so I'll just delete the account after I "evacuate" everything valuable.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"