Just a creek in the woods somewhere

Started by cocateho26, January 10, 2021, 11:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

I love these kind of scenes. Not only because of the nice esthetic, but also because of challenges like how to render these succesfully.
Question often then is whether if one wants to stick to photographic principles, where simply not all elements can have proper exposure in situations like these, or cheating a bit with enviro light and fill lights etc.

As far as I know sun strength and camera exposure do the same thing.
Sun strength @ 5 and exposure @ 1 = Sun strength @ 1 and exposure @ 5.

cocateho26

A second stab at a night version. I think it has potential but not sure how to get it there just yet. Maybe more/different things to light up, some fungus on the trees or luminescent flowers. Oh well, back to the daytime version for now.

Woodland creek dark 2.jpg

DocCharly65

A couple of oversized glowing dragonflies or similar insects would fit in nicely! I could also imagine a cameleon or lizards on the trees - mutated luminous fire salamander ;)

cocateho26

Well I tried some different models to add something "extra" to the scene but nothing really seemed to fit so I gave up and just did a higher quality final render. I'll probably come back to this eventually if I can find a good actor or two for the scene, but for now it's a final render.

Wooded creek 4k.jpg

Dune

Terrific! Maybe you're better off without an 'actor', as that may also make it more kitch. Depends. But I really like it like this.

Hannes