Dinosaurs-The musical

Started by Hannes, December 20, 2020, 12:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on December 22, 2020, 05:20:01 AM(That gramophone took more than seven hours to render as a crop!!!!!)

Whoa. I imagine this was PT? Some angles make the ground render really slow I notice. Like that simple Arrakis scene with nothing but sand and a worm, the shadowed sand took the longest at like 8 hours.

Hannes

Yes, PT. Unexpectedly long, but nevertheless a crucial ingredient for this image. ;D ;D ;D

DocCharly65

Worth every second :)

I can almost hear them singing the old Beatle songs, like Yellow Submarine, Love You Yeah Yeah Yeah...

Great job!

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on December 22, 2020, 06:29:49 PMYes, PT. Unexpectedly long, but nevertheless a crucial ingredient for this image. ;D ;D ;D

Did you do the materials in TG? I imagine the time was all that bounce involved.

Hannes

Yep.
If I load the model in a fresh scene, it renders in a few minutes.

WAS

Materials look fanstastic fyi. My son still loves it too. Lol

Yeah I imagine a flat surface without any microdisp would be quickker but any calculation of geometry with all the bounce can start multiplying things.

Dune

Yes, especially from complicated rocks. Luckily you didn't have a waterfall as well, or it would still be rendering :P

Hannes

cocateho26

The Carnotaurus sings bass and Spinosaurus is dino-Aretha  ;D all joking aside those are some really cool models.

Hannes

Jo Kariboo

I really like the coloring and finish result you brought to this field. It makes me want to try Andy Welder's Hoodoo scene.

Hannes