Affinity Photo shop - a harrowing experience

Started by N-drju, January 20, 2021, 05:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

I've been trying to purchase Affinity Photo since Sunday and made six attempts at it. Nothing ever comes out of it.

I have tried three browsers on three different machines. Tried disabling my firewall and most anti-virus features. I even called my Dad to see if he can do it on his credit card in case mine is not compatible. Nothing works. This is entirely ridiculous...

I have managed to buy lots of things over Internet, including goods abroad. Paid in USD, EUR. Even in CZK once... I have never had such a disappointing experience in my shopping history.

It seems like their shop either favors a very limited and very specific number of cards, or is just plain obsolete. I'm looking into other ways of trying to buy that software. It's good it's just a one-time purchase... SABENA.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Why not use GIMP? No harrowing purchase there, as it's free. Or is Affinity something you especially need?

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on January 20, 2021, 07:02:50 AMWhy not use GIMP? No harrowing purchase there, as it's free. Or is Affinity something you especially need?
:o

I had no idea something like this exists...

Is it possible to set a color profile there (sRGB)? Export images instead of "saving as"?

If it is, it looks like I don't need Affinity at all...

EDIT: There is. In this case, the choice is obvious. Thanks a million Ulco. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

WAS

FYI I also cannot purchase Affinity Photo with my Boeing Credit Union card. Support said they support all "debit cards", but apparently not. Tried to grab a sale over summer when I could afford it.

GIMP is a great alternative, I've used it over the years. Heck even used it at a job cause my photoshop wouldnt install under a VM, so just installed GIMP straight on the linux machine. Lol

PS this is seemingly more common, I have encountered issues with this card at a lot of smaller businesses, with whoever they are working with for purchases. Or they only take paypal which every time I use flags my account and I have got to call and verify some crap piece of information they already had.

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on January 20, 2021, 01:50:18 PMFYI I also cannot purchase Affinity Photo with my Boeing Credit Union card. Support said they support all "debit cards", but apparently not. Tried to grab a sale over summer when I could afford it.

I have a standard Visa and nothing came out of it. I thought that it might actually be a credit card that they really expect, but it did not help.

After some research, I have also found out that their forum pages are swamped with different complaints regarding the purchase process.

It is completely unprofessional to offer a product while failing to provide a viable way to buy it. But the support insists that they rarely have any problems with online sales.

thisisfine.jpg