XFrog Orders

Started by RichTwo, January 15, 2021, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi Kadri, Thank you for taking the trouble with your suggestion. I excluded the folder but sadly it didn't work, so I guess at least it shows the anti-virus isn't the issue?

WAS

Quote from: David on January 21, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: WAS on January 16, 2021, 01:44:40 PMOh no! Well I put in word again. Should be handled ASAP.
Hi WAS, I've still not heard a 'croak' from our friend XFrog. I've unzipped the program to the C-drive (Win10) as suggested, but it still won't execute. When Stewart originally replied he thought the problem might have to do with the anti-virus, but I just use the standard Win 10 security. I'm nervous about temporarily switching it off because last time I did that I had problems with other software. Do you have any suggestions please?

Can you right-click and go to properties, see if there is a "unblock" button. I have a feeling the executable is so old, and unsigned Win10 is just blocking it. Also you may try Windows XP compatibility mode under the compatibility tab.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: David on January 21, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: WAS on January 16, 2021, 01:44:40 PMOh no! Well I put in word again. Should be handled ASAP.
Hi WAS, I've still not heard a 'croak' from our friend XFrog. I've unzipped the program to the C-drive (Win10) as suggested, but it still won't execute. When Stewart originally replied he thought the problem might have to do with the anti-virus, but I just use the standard Win 10 security. I'm nervous about temporarily switching it off because last time I did that I had problems with other software. Do you have any suggestions please?
Are you having issues installing Xfrog, or running it after it has been installed?

If your installing it to Windows 10 it should go here by Default:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Greenworks\Xfrog 3.5

Do you see the xfrog.exe file in that directory?  If not you haven't installed it yet.

If what you have is still an unzipped .zip file, you would see a bunch of .cab files in your directory along with the xfrog setup exe.  Is that what you have now?

Let us know and I can help you verify your files are not corrupted.

Derek

David

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on January 21, 2021, 02:21:57 PMIf your installing it to Windows 10 it should go here by Default:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Greenworks\Xfrog 3.5

Do you see the xfrog.exe file in that directory?  If not you haven't installed it yet.

If what you have is still an unzipped .zip file, you would see a bunch of .cab files in your directory along with the xfrog setup exe.  Is that what you have now?
Thanks Derek and WAS for your suggestions.

I couldn't find an 'unblock' button but wasn't sure I was looking in the correct place.

Yes, I can see the .cab files, confirming that it hadn't installed. I finally had a reply from XFrog with the suggestion to install it in safe mode. He supplied a Win link showing the procedure;

Press the Windows logo key + R.

Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.

Select the Boot tab.

Under Boot options, clear the Safe boot checkbox.

.... but that's all! There's nothing on how to install the program and then afterwards come out of safe mode. I don't feel competent 'diving under the hood' like this unless I can see the way back out again.

WAS

When you apply those settings, and restart, you will be in safe mode. From there you want to extract the xfrog software from its archive to say a folder on your desktop. Then head on in and double click the setup.exe and run through the setup process (assuming it runs). Once done, restart your PC and it should boot right back in normal mode.

David

Thanks WAS. I see from Derek's post that he's extracted the .exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Greenworks\Xfrog 3.5. I'm guessing that the 'Greenworks' folder is of Derek's devising and isn't part of the XFrog setup. Heart in mouth I shall try this tomorrow morning and report back! Thanks again. D

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: David on January 22, 2021, 04:45:45 PMThanks WAS. I see from Derek's post that he's extracted the .exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Greenworks\Xfrog 3.5. I'm guessing that the 'Greenworks' folder is of Derek's devising and isn't part of the XFrog setup. Heart in mouth I shall try this tomorrow morning and report back! Thanks again. D
Yes, the Xfrog Setup if successfully run will install all the files in the above referenced directory.

David

Hurrah! It's finally working. Thanks for your help guys. ;)