No thundercloud

Started by Dune, January 22, 2021, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

It started out as an experiment in thunderclouds, but turned out to be this. Well, so be it.

RichTwo

I've too tried without success to recreate a cumulonimbus-like cloud.  Ends up looking like a giant cotton ball.  

It reminds me of Nevada, though.  Nice go at the sonic shockwave with the jet.
They're all wasted!

aknight0

Nice mountain!  What do you use for your dead/dry grass in the foreground?  I've tried recoloring several different grass models before, but they never look quite right...

Dune

It's just some grass I once made, very simple. You can color any grass the way you want with a transform shader set to world/final after a set of fractal color shaders (first one can have 2 colors, later ones need to have one color only, or use mix color blue node, or merge). Try dark browns, greys, ochres...

If you insert the pop clip file, you have to anchor it, btw. Doesn't work automatically.

Hannes

Looks great, Ulco!! Lovely terrain and a nice cloud. And as Rich said, the sonic shockwave is a nice addition.

DocCharly65

That is gigantic! I love this cloud!

pixelpusher636

Hmm this scene looks very familiar from recent Planetside video tutorial. Nicely done Sir.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

Stormlord

Well done, thx for the tgc files!

STORMLORD

mhaze

I love the cliffs and the foreground is superb.

Jo Kariboo

I really like the mountains. Beautiful dynamism by the plane crossing the sound barrier!

Thank you again for your great generosity and for the files you shared with us.