Ruins

Started by Hannes, January 24, 2021, 06:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Just some (Quixel-) groundstuff added to the water using a mix of PFs and a painted shader for distribution.

DocCharly65

...always when I think, it can't be done better, you have another idea and it is better :)

WAS

This an asset pack or photogrammetry scene?  Looks really nice.

Dune

Hannes

Thanks again, guys!! :) :) :)

Quote from: WAS on January 25, 2021, 05:09:52 PMThis an asset pack or photogrammetry scene? 

You mean the ruins? It's photogrammetry I guess. The link to it is in the first post of this thread. The stuff on the water is some groundstuff by Quixel as populations.
For some reason I wasn't able to populate directly on the water plane although it was accessible in the "Anchor" tab. So I made an invisible plane ("Visible to other rays" unchecked) at the same position as the lake object and used this as anchor.

Dune

Did you use the lake? You can't populate on that, I found the same. So I always use a sphere.

Hannes

Yes, I used the lake object. I scaled it down to a bit larger than the ruin. I could have used the additional plane as water in the end, but honestly I didn't think of that. Maybe next time... ;)

sboerner

Yes, that's what I meant. Just curious. Beautiful work.

Tangled-Universe

Nice touches in that last update Hannes :)

WAS

Oh wow, I got to this on the second page apparently. Didn't even notice. Going to check that out.