Cannot Install Terragen 4 In Windows 10

Started by Clintongilliam, February 04, 2021, 04:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clintongilliam

Hell friends. Due to some unknown issues, unable to install Terragen 4 on my Pc it shows an "error opening file for writing" error. I don't know why this is happening and how to fix it. If anyone provides any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Clintongilliam

So, I searched around online and found this. Tried the troubleshooting mentioned and the issue is solved. Starting the installer as administrator allowed the installation to complete.

Matt

Hi Clinton,

I'm glad you found a solution, and thank you for posting it for the benefit of others.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on February 06, 2021, 09:43:29 PMHi Clinton,

I'm glad you found a solution, and thank you for posting it for the benefit of others.

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forums.

Curiously, what version of Windows 10 do you have? I don't remember my installers being Admin Rights privileged (the little shield icon) and have been able to install the software. I wonder if it's a specific build issue/security thing. Or maybe that installer itself has changed. They usually come with a sha1 signature which seems to allow TG executables to run without needing to be unblocked or admin rights. There is a read/write issues notified under the signature, however. Maybe it's something to do with that.

Don't make a habit of allowing admin rights to files from the web, especially not from secure addresses (HTTPS). Though I will totally vouch to Planetside Software being safe if you're visiting their SSL secured website(s).