Feature Request: Render View Split A|B and Render History

Started by Nala1977, March 12, 2021, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala1977

Hey guys, Matt, everyone  8)
Just a quality of life hopefully it doesnt take much work to implement but i have no idea, hence im asking.

Since a lot of the work done in Terragen is by a tedious trial and error, it would help immensely having an A|B nuke/fusion render view style where you can slide the bar left and right and compare your last render with the previous one to check some effects you added and what difference they make without always saving out rendered images and opening again and again on an external sofware.

Some details are subtle and you might miss them even when you add them or subtract them, especially when you play with small scale settings. If its not much trouble could you please consider this?

Thanks

Max

WAS

I think Render History is already on the roadmap. I've even asked about it. An ability to go through finished or even incomplete TIFs in temp would be great to compare render changes. Even if it was rudimentary and just a drop-down menu in the render window with checkmark of active file with a history max of 10.

Dune

+1

Though I usually get by pretty well with a printscreen, an Irfanview paste, crop, and have on top if needed. But if you need a higher resolution to compare that's out.