The Waiting-Fleet-Files

Started by DocCharly65, March 15, 2021, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

The Enterprise REC scene will have at least 12 animations. And as usual I integrated a a little subplot that has nothing - really absolutely nothing to do with the danger the Enterprise crew has to face...   ;D

Groot has to be comforted by a little robo dog because the bad boy from Voyager (presumably Tom Paris) won't let him play:

temp.0019.jpg

Dune

Wonderful. All these familiar faces are nice to see bunched up too.

sboerner

Nice. The skater is a great touch too.

DocCharly65

Thank you Ulco, thank you Steve :)
Unfortunately the skater gets a quite fat bollocking for skating on the Enterprise by...

Professor X:
"Mister Tom Riddle!, Ähem ... Sorry - Tom Paris was the Name, right?
What did I tell you about skating on spaceships? - It is unseemly and damages the floors - right?"

Tom Paris: "Yes Professor, Sir, sorry Sir!"

Professor X:
"Woe if I catch you again!
Mr. Data, take him back to the training ship ..."

Cmdr. Data:
"Yes sir, right away, sir!"

210629_1353_temp.0137.jpg

Al little bit Making of and some model credits:

Patrick Steward is a bust by PrintedReallity on CGTrader.
I combined it with  the "eric_rigged_Model" by Renderpeople and animated it with MIXAMO.
The wheelchair is a modified Free 3D model by ifobj on CGTrader.

"Tom Paris" is the skating Tyler model from Renderpeople which I seperated from his Skateboard, re-rigged and animated with MIXAMO.

Cmdr. Data needed a bit more changes. I only used the face and hair of the Data model from mod3ler on Turbosquid.
The body is the same like most of my Enterprise Crew members share: Scottys body with a new colored suit.
In Datas case I had to do a bit more... little design work. I think from far it looks ok.

Anpassung Datas Suit 210628_2345.jpg  Scott_torso_DATA_D_Final_Steps.jpg

So I could exchange the original body model which did not work good with MIXAMO. I didn't get any good rigging results even after long time working on the model.

Here the old original version - look at the unnaturally twisted arm:

210628_2156_temp.0103.jpg

And at last only a little bit assignment of persons and contexts ... :)

As you all surely know was the DS9 Station converted into a school for gifted young pilots under the direction of Professor Charles Xavier.
The Voyager is one of the training space ships...

temp.0344.jpg

temp.0047.jpg

temp.0104.jpg

Dune

;D ;D ;D  Awesome! That schoolbus is great!

DocCharly65

Thanks Ulco :)

Meanwhile, the work goes on tirelessly

I found the perfect suitable supervisor to take care of Tom Riddle - äähhmm sorry - Tom Paris who was detained and had to do penal duties and exercises for skating on the Enterprise...

I may proudly introduce:
Professor Machete, teacher for defence against the Dark Side of the Force... ;)

Meanwhile I work on some small improvemets like varable textures against the fixed dull look of Professor Xavier in closer shots:

You need some patience and a grafic tool which can work with layers and/or masking (I use Corel Photo Paint)
Also you should be able to think in very strange directions as well as in 3D:

Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Dune

Awkward working in such a texture! Before you know eyes fly off....

DocCharly65

;D

Oh yes... Much of the work is try and try again ... but seems I think I got it right, though ;)  :

temp.0001.jpg

temp.0099.jpg

The next section is again a special tinkering. During the conversation I have to make sure that only possible gestures of the speaker are visible. The immobile lips must remain invisible.
In the pics e.g. only Cmdr. Data ist talking and Prof. Xavier switches his gaze between him and Tom. All this should make a kind of sense and must not stop the flow of the conversations...

DocCharly65

The "little" side story gets longer and longer ;D ;D

Just for easier understanding:
As a teacher for defense against the dark side of the force, "Professor Machete" of course also gives Klingon lessons.

You can almost hear him mutter, "Yes, exactly! Learn martial arts, pain and discipline ..."

In the short animation you see that Cmdr. Data thinks that this kind of detention is too excessive. Tom Paris is simply panicking and even Groot seems to be nervous.

But of course "Professor Machete" was just kidding! He's actually a very nice guy. And if Tom learns well and promises not to skate on spaceships anymore, then he may meet the professors loved pet ...

Well, back then when "Professor Machete" was still working at Hogwarts, he once got a baby kaiju from Haggerit. He had to get rid of him because he had mistakenly mistaken him for a dragon.
His name is ... Oh you'll find out :)

temp.0040.jpg

Here the scene very raw "testrendered":

And of course new Credits ;)
Godzilla kaiju titan Low-poly 3D model by huykhoi2407 on CGTrader

Dune

Another side story getting longer :o  But it's worth all your efforts! The movements of the kid and fist pump are terrific. Nice new pet too :P  It's like a space zoo.

masonspappy

In the last image - is that Danny Trejo?

DocCharly65

Yep - That is Danny Trejo. I saw the Model on CGTrader and I wanted it immediately. 

I was always somehow a fan of Machete and of "Uncle Machete" in Spy Kids... :)

DocCharly65

Today it's update day...
...simply because I wanted to draw a brief summary of how the previous animations fit together. :)
(this time only 720p - sorry)
I'll credit some new model makers later. I first must sort my archive a bit - it's a mess! :)

And all this happens on only ONE ship of the fleet before the start...  ;D

Enjoy...

Dune

Oh yeah, I enjoyed!!! Thanks very much, once again, for sharing these gems :D

DocCharly65

Thank you very much :) 
It is always a new motivation for me when I see your enthusiasm and joy :)