Blender update

Started by sboerner, March 03, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnXQMxr5xg8

Looks like some major changes. Just starting to unpack all this.

Dune

sboerner

Using a node network to modify and edit geometry is a nice idea. The toolkit is small now but it sounds like they are planning to expand it.

I've been a Maya enthusiast for 10+ years – used it virtually every day – but once the current subscription expires I'll be done with it. Blender is turning out to be a completely capable replacement. Converting models like crazy . . .

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I love the way Blender's Nodes look.  :)

I wish all software had nice looking nodes like that.

WAS

Quote from: sboerner on March 04, 2021, 12:23:43 PMUsing a node network to modify and edit geometry is a nice idea. The toolkit is small now but it sounds like they are planning to expand it.

I've been a Maya enthusiast for 10+ years – used it virtually every day – but once the current subscription expires I'll be done with it. Blender is turning out to be a completely capable replacement. Converting models like crazy . . .

I just really need to get that Better FBX Importer plugin. Lol :P

PabloMack

I received my new 5950x a few days ago. I know somebody that has gotten into UnReal Engine so it got me interested. It would be good to have a buddy to share the journey with. I've begun learning with it but the terminology they use seems to be enigmatic. I've been waffling back and forth asking myself whether I should spend my time learning UnReal or Blender. So I found a video on YouTube that I hoped would answer that question. The guy doing to video says that the competition is a tie in his opinion. So it didn't answer my question. But one thing he said is that animating characters is far easier in Blender and animation is more important to me than it probably is with most of the members on this website. With options like Cycles, it seems that Blender is beginning to win out in the contest. If I want really cool landscapes, there is still Terragen. Blender has other features that make it a pretty full tool suite such as motion tracking. I have both applications installed but I think that I will probably go with Blender for now. Another thing Blender has going for it is that I could make tons of money using it and the Blender folks wouldn't care. Epic, on the other hand, is very money hungry. Here's the video I talked about:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=UnReal+or+Blender