Space Nebula

Started by Stormlord, March 28, 2021, 08:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks again. I had MPD at 0.1 indeed (no geometry indeed), but AA 6, afraid to get grain. Cloud quality at 2. Didn't look at GI or samples (yet). I'll leave it rendering and experiment some more with lower settings and Photoshop mixing. In this first experiment I wanted to have all in one go in TG, just as experiment.
But you are right; it's fun! And beautiful.

Stormlord

So here comes my next beauty!
I call it "Flame Sector" because the colours of the nebula remind me on hot gases, flames and a lot of radiation.

Flame Sector (Clean).jpg
Nebula Backplate (Clean Version)

Flame Sector.jpg
Flame Sector (Widefield)

And this time I present a closer look into the core of this beautifull space nebula.
So you can see the fine details in all its beauty. It took a long time to figure out how to paint a really cool lightning inside the nebula to end up with a nice lightning show.
Fortunately now I have enough rendered nebulas at hand to try out which one fits best into the scene... It's so amazing, I really like the colours and details in the core.

Flame Nebula (Core Region).jpg
Flame Nebula (Core Region)

Flame Nebula (Zoom).jpg
Center Core (Original 4K Resolution)

Hope you like it!
It's fun to render such amazing artifical space nebulas. Try it, it's worth the effort...

STORMLORD

Dune

Terrific again, wonderful shapes. I understand the enthusiasm. My first attempt was messed up after 10 hours by the star filter set too high. Wish that were saved by choice, or as an extra version.
Keep them coming, Dirk!

WAS

Quote from: Dune on April 19, 2021, 01:50:29 AMMy first attempt was messed up after 10 hours by the star filter set too high.
It's a little difficult to get just right image by image. I kinda wish we could see it in  RTP to just move about the slider.

Stormlord

@ Dune
Thank you, the final product really touched me because of its beauty. It's the most beautifull space picture I produced so far, I really like it.
But so sad that the star filter messed your render after such a long rendertime. Wish you luck for the next one...
(And that's why I composit them all in Photoshop which gives you more flexibility and options).

At the moment I think about that....
Maybe it's a good idea to render them all again, but much bigger to make a poster and let it print on glas for my house? The original has only 4K.

@ WAS
Maybe this will be possible with the next generation of graphic cards (RTX 3080) and TG 5.0? I hope so...

STORMLORD

DocCharly65

pclavett

Stormlord

Here is my latest composition, "The Trapezium". The name origines from the prominent tripplet star system in the center.

Most of the sapce nebulas consists of gas and dust. The gas is mostly hydrogen, which lights up in astrophotos in red while oxygen is green.
So consequently I designed this nebula in typical red colours to stay close to reality.

In our oceans waves are running through to give everything in its path a push. It's like standing at the beach and a wave is coming in.
Space is also like an ocean but in space you have gravity waves, which are running through space. These waves bend the space at their path.
This gives everything in its way a push. And these pushes are the clear defined shocklines which you can see in many of astrophotos of nebulas.

This sudden push (thrust) then leads to clumping at these frontlines, which leads to concentration of the matter here.
That's how stars are formed in the beginning.

In my nebula you can also see some sharper defined shocklines, that's where I placed a few more prominent stars in the nebula.
You see them clearly at the bottom and in the center in the version without stars.

The Trapezium (Clean).jpg
The Trapezium (Clean Version, only the nebula without stars)

The Trapezium.jpg
The Trapezium

The Trapezium (Zoom).jpg
A closer look into the center

Hope you like it!

STORMLORD

Dune

It's absolutely wonderful! A real pleasure to look at and intriguing to find all these interesting shapes.

mhaze

Stormlord

Sometimes golden dust is shimmering through space and time while new stars are formed.
So it is in this next nebula. I invite you to explore my next image and dive into a region of golden stars and rusty filaments.

Golden Dust (Clean bw).jpg
Golden Dust (Clean nebula without stars)

Golden Dust.jpg
Golden Dust

Golden Dust (Zoom).jpg
Golden Dust (Central Region)

Golden Dust (Zoom Square).jpg
Golden Dust (Central Region)

STORMLORD

Dune

Stormlord

The Calix Nebula
----------------------

Dive into space and see my latest nebula, made last week as a new 4K Desktop.
This time I decided to create a bright nebula with some star forming regions in it.

To make it more appealing, a lot of fine and colorfull details and dust lanes as well has been embedded.
You can find some masked galaxies and a starcluster all very attractive to look at.

Maybe not realistic, but very beautiful.
I really love this one, so I hope you like it and get some space feeling!

So... there is a clean version, my final desktop, a zoom in and a cutout from the original resolution.

Calix Nebula (Clean).jpg
Clean Version (50% Resolution)

Calix Nebula.jpg
Final Version (50% Resolution)

Calix Nebula (Zoom).jpg
Zoom

Calix Nebula (4K Resolution).jpg
Cut Out (Full Resolution)

STORMLORD

Dune

I can only repeat what I said last time; they are amazingly beautiful! Dreamy stuff.

Stormlord

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself.
I just like those space scenes, especially these colorfull nebulas.

The last one came in violett colours, this time I decided to create another star birth nebula in cold blue colors. Three master layers serve here as nebula base.
I embedded a lot of dark dust structures, then I added the main stars, my starfield and some galaxies including one small globular cluster this time (right below).
Total Render time... countless hours with my old quadcore pc.

Gateway Nebula (Clean).jpg
Gateway Nebula (Clean Starter)

Gateway Nebula.jpg
Gateway Nebula

Gateway Nebula (Zoom).jpg
Gateway Nebula (Zoom)

I have another one in stock, but it isn't finally done yet.
Such a composition takes a lot of time to render all the different fragments.

STORMLORD