One astronaut had to go - and a new one came

Started by DocCharly65, April 12, 2021, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

I can't even remember how I got to this decision.
It must have been when I watched 2001 Odyssey again some time ago.

I exchenged my white clothed astronaut with an orange one :)

Actually in 2001 Dave Bowman used an orange space suit.
Additionally my white astronaut had a little bit weird proportions. especially the Hands and arms were too big.

So now the new one in some tests in comparison with the old one:

Left OLD - right NEW

Animation Astronauts Walk 001 - RAW Test Rendered_Moment.jpg    temp.0141 NEW.jpg

temp.0001.jpg  temp.0065.jpg

temp.0239.jpg  temp.0207.jpg

The new model:
SPACESUIT NASA ACES by Albin on CGTrader

Dune

Nice. Orange draws attention, so why not. Wonderful scenes. Don't forget you have to finish this one day (in the future.........) ;)

Jo Kariboo

Hard to say ... I prefer white for the comical aspect with its huge arms and hands, on the other hand orange stands out better against the background and is indeed better proportioned. The last picture are beautiful with this light !

Stormlord

Great scenery with this intense light. But it's hard to see the details of the astronaut in this overlightning.
Maybe I would mask the astronaut to clear him up a little bit more. But the effect is dramatic...very cool!

STORMLORD

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on April 12, 2021, 08:10:46 AMDon't forget you have to finish this one day (in the future.........) ;)

All PCs working 7/24 ;)
In fact at the moment I have too many ideas at the same time and usually I just start some raw renderjobs to remember the ideas.
But the good thing is that meanwhile many things work and fit better into the whole film project... I just need some modifications like that orange Astronaut that is easier to handle (including MIXAMO).

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on April 12, 2021, 11:14:32 AMI prefer white for the comical aspect with its huge arms and hands, on the other hand orange stands out better against the background

When I take into account that I mix e.g. Capt. Kirk, Lara Croft and Abe from Oddworld on the Enterprise bridge, then the comic-like look would be quite appropriate. But at the same time then it's a bit overdone. I try to create a balance between comic look and real film.

Quote from: Stormlord on April 12, 2021, 01:05:24 PMBut it's hard to see the details of the astronaut in this overlightning.
In this case it's intentional. Just some more shots as explanation:

... from here we come - a lifeless dark situaltion on the Discovery One:

temp.0001.jpg

I think it's the first time ever I even animated the Number of files to blend in GI to get the look I wanted ;)

... and this is where we ultimately go: The reanimated Astronaut runs to the bridge - or whereever...
(only prerendered shots with AA only on 2 or 3)

temp.0001.jpg  temp.0106.jpg

WAS

Wow that hallway is very well lit. Lighting looks pretty darn realistic.

mhaze

DocCharly65

Meanwhile I had an idea for a better arsenal of coveted objects that were hoarded in the matrix construct... 
And as you can see... I found out who the PlayStation 5 Scalpers are in reality...

temp.0001.jpg   temp.0214.jpg

210414_1346_1.jpg

For the PS 5 boxes I used photos of the box I found in the internet, did a little "scalper modification" ;) and retextured a stretched Cornflakes box...  ::) 8) ;D

DocCharly65

...and as you can see, very slowly but inexorably one thing fits into the other.

Here in Silent Hill deep under the city in the vaults of the "Umbrella Facecook Corp." PS5, toilet paper and many other things are hoarded ...

temp.0250.jpg   temp.0001.jpg   temp.0250a.jpg

temp.0050.jpg   temp.0167.jpg

At the moment I would need 100 PCs, 50 hands and 48 h days to not forget all the ideas and concepts, coming into my mind...  ::) ;D

Dune

;D  So cool! I like the Easy Ransomware kit! Btw, it's Edition, not Edtion, or is that on purpose?

DocCharly65

Oh thanks, Ulco! Good that I fortunately didn't start rendering the close up animation of the graphic cards boxes... "Edition" is the correct version of course. :)