Evening Clouds

Started by PeterParker, April 19, 2021, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterParker

This is a render i´ve made which longs 2:38 h
Maybe anyone can tell me something about the Pixelnoise Threshold in the Render Tab?

Untitled1.jpg

WAS

Hey Peter. I think you wanted to post this in the image sharing section? Maybe @crisb can move it for you.

The Pixel Noise Threshold for the Sampler lowers, or raises the pixel threshold at which AA is applied (I believe). For the smaller the threshold, the more the AA Sampler is working on the finer detial of edges, etc. Which will result in a smoother image.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

PeterParker

Quote from: WAS on April 19, 2021, 02:15:47 PMHey Peter. I think you wanted to post this in the image sharing section? Maybe @crisb can move it for you.

The Pixel Noise Threshold for the Sampler lowers, or raises the pixel threshold at which AA is applied (I believe). For the smaller the threshold, the more the AA Sampler is working on the finer detial of edges, etc. Which will result in a smoother image.
Hello WAS and archonforest, thanks a lot for your feedback i aprreciate this a lot.

WAS

These clouds look very nice, not much noise at all. Did you do a low pixel noise threshold? Or did you use a denoiser?

PeterParker

Hello WAS,

I just played around with the values a bit.

Is it possible to use a denoiser? Where are those settings?

Desktop.jpg

How does this Pixel Threshold work? Are smaller values better for the clouds or larger values like 1

WAS

Like I mentioned, lower pixel noise threshold values create a smoother image, thus better AA. It smoothers finer details in edges at a small pixel threshold. So smaller = better result, at the cost of render time.

There is no denoiser in Terragen, you'd need to use post-processing in another software.