Question About Making Singel Word or Sentance Links Here?

Started by Cyber-Angel, December 09, 2007, 08:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

I have noticed in some posts here that people are using single words or small sentences as links like "My Gallery" and such like that when you click on them take you to the content described due them been attached to a URL in some way in rather than just posting the URL as is. I would like to learn this technique to advance my computer skill set in this area.

I would like to have the link to my Renderosity gallery as my signature but would prefer people to see the words "My Renderosity Gallery" rather than the URL which is neater and more professional looking. I thank you in advance for any advice you can give me in this regard, and the information here will serve to educate others in this subject area.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel             

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Cyber-Angel

Thanks for that, so the "URL" tags (If thats what there called, since I know nothing about HTML) are the key what about if you are doing it in a post say you are talking for example about a Wikipedia entry and you say some thing like "The entry can be found here" where the word "Here" is the trigger that the link is attached to, by way of example or what ever is relevant for the post at the time, this maybe more advanced but you don't learn if you don't ask.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

Harvey Birdman

Cyber-Angel

Thank you, that is much clearer I didn't know there was a thread on this already next time I need to post URL's I shall use this method.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel