Mist

Started by Kadri, June 03, 2021, 01:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I couldn't do much new renders lately. Having surgery in the meantime didn't help either.

This scene had an island in it...in the beginning at least. This was what i could make the best from it.
There are some WIP images from that scene that i still like even with the basic look of them.

The funny thing is the scene insisted on a vertical image so much i tried to get a wide one.

Dune

I really love these. Especially the first few with the 'greeble' structure and the mist. Is that a real high poly object or does it consist of planes with alpha's? I used to draw/paint these kind of structures, so they remind me very much of those. Thanks for showing, Kadri, and I do hope your health will get better or at least stabilize!

Kadri

Thanks Ulco. I am getting better but have still problems after nearly 2 months. I hate getting old.

The structures are real detailed objects Ulco.

mhaze

These are well done and unusual. I didn't know you were unwell but I hope you get better soon.

Dune

Thanks Kadri. They look wonderful.

sboerner

I think v.0.2 might be my favorite, though they are all very nice. Thanks for posting and get well soon!

Jo Kariboo

I wish you a quick recovery.
The clouds seem a bit too opaque and totally white to me, unless you want that particular effect.
I think it would be nice to see a little more transparency.

Kadri

Thanks all.

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on June 03, 2021, 04:30:41 PM...
The clouds seem a bit too opaque and totally white to me, unless you want that particular effect.
I think it would be nice to see a little more transparency.

That was my intention at first but i shifted to this more contrasted look later.
This was one of that scenes were it felt like the scene made the decisions then myself...
Like i wanting a wide scene but ending on a vertical look.

sjefen

I love this!
Can I ask how many trees your population have?  ;D

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Kadri

Thanks Terje.
There are more then 11 million trees in the scene as an instance cache file.
But in the image are probably only 1-2 million seen, as i didn't bother to change the cache file that i made for a different look before :)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on June 04, 2021, 06:46:05 PMBut in the image are probably only 1-2 million seen, as i didn't bother to change the cache file that i made for a different look before :)
I know and understand  the efford, the feeling and the reaction... same problem here (though it's only seldom a problem) I usually place too many plants to be sure and then don't need all but keep them ;)

Anyway very impressive an cool! My favorite is #1