Q&A

Started by MattJacks2003, July 08, 2021, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattJacks2003

Will the Paramount Mountain landscape be included in Terragen?Paramount_Pictures_(2021,_new_ViacomCBS_byline).png

WAS

I don't think so, but the Paramount mountain is based on Artesonraju.

You can download a region map from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJJhzlAnRN6z0aC5HD4HBYPBXnukjIw6/view

I have also highlighted the mountain in the screenshot (the lake seen in a lot of animations is in the valley to just below and to the left of the mountain). This map is upscaled from an old terrain party map as I was focusing on huascaran sur glacier area, so artesonraju was pretty small.

I am not sure where else to get a good elevation map of this area from. I tried searching before I resorted to this old map.

MattJacks2003

...or you can call it "Mount Paramount".

MattJacks2003

Also, Can you recreate the Paramount Mountain landscape?

WAS

But it's not called the Paramount Mountain. It is Artesonraju.  ;D

I have you supplies to get started with Artesonraju. Have a look at the new video tutorials to get familiar with Terragen.

MattJacks2003

Oh.

Can you recreate the Artesonraju landscape from the Paramount logo?

WAS

You can try. I'm not going to recreate it.

The Dataset is missing from USGS so it may be copyrighted/protected too, so you may want to look into that (as far as making art to sell/profit from).

The map I provided is so low quality. Upscaling and some smoothing only helps so much, but with erosion you can further refine the terrain, but it doesn't really resemble the actual area. Finding the mountain seemed difficult in 3D as the shapes appear different. I think I found the mountain, but again, looks different.

MattJacks2003

MattJacks2003

MattJacks2003

Also, Can you show me a rendered view of Artesonraju with the sky?

MattJacks2003

Also, Can you recreate the cloud background from the 1993-2001 Columbia TriStar Home Video logo?

WAS

MattJacks2003

Sorry about that.