A real planet

Started by MF_Erwan, December 12, 2007, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MF_Erwan

This view of Mars hasn't been made with Terragen, but 2 hours ago, with my 114mm diameter telescope...

Erwan

Oshyan

Wow, excellent detail. I envy your scope! ;D I actually have a decent little Celestron, I just need to get a better lens for it (and a camera mount). Hmm...

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I have Orion skyquest xt6...I also have a 16, 10 and 25mm lenses and a barlow 2x....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Sethren

Mars is looking good.     :)

RealUser

Cool Galileo! ;-) Light pollution makes it impossible here to view the stars, you can't even see the milky way band ... sigh
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

Will

I live next to a college so the light pollutions pretty bad but if theres a storm and power gets knocked out its spectacular.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MF_Erwan

This morning, I woke up at 6 am to take another planet:

Now bad weather is back...plenty of time tonight for Terragen!
Erwan

rcallicotte

Will

nice, not to be rude but how roughly how much did this set up cost you. I ask because I'm thinking about getting a new telescope.

Sethren

There was a story in the news paper a few years back. Los Angelis had a major power outage and some people were freaking out and or confused upon seeing a band across the sky, i kid you not. Gee, i wonder what it could be? Aliens crop dusting the earth again?    ;D

It must have been a good day because usually the smog layer cancels out the majority of stars and all interstellar gases and dust.

rcallicotte

Sethren - The band was the pollution?  Geez.  I remember being there many years ago visiting and my lungs hurt within a day.

Sethren

rcallicotte

;D  Coooool.  I wish I could have seen it.  I would have been willing to choke for that.   ;D

Will

Yea you can see it well form where I live if you let your eyes adjust a bit and squint.