Step Pyramid

Started by Balletdude, July 18, 2021, 05:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

work in progress. A procedurally created step pyramid, using the simple shape shader and the strata and outcrops. Then the Cracks & Tension Fractures clip file by WASasquatch added. I need to find a way to mask and colour that clip file, as I think it could work well to create the appearance of vines growing on the structure

Dune

Nice to see you working on such a pyramid! You can do great stuff using the simple shape and strata shader, with some masking and 'erosion'. Not wanting to hijack your thread, but here's something I once did. It might give you some inspiration.
Looking forward to next iterations.

Balletdude

Hijack away, love seeing others take on images

I've started trying to use the mask within the cracks shader, on a surface layer to colour the cracks a green vine/moss colour. also added negative displacement to have them pop out rather than in. (may be too much as the parts sticking up I think affects how you perceive the scale of the pyramid

WAS

The noise scalar feeding into the displacement shader can be used with a coloured adjust, dropping white point to like 0.25 and then used as a mask for a surface layer to colour the cracks and tension. Vines is a great idea.

DocCharly65