Dark Mode GUI for Windows version?

Started by DutchDimension, July 28, 2021, 01:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchDimension

Forgive me if this is already available and I just missed it, but is there Dark Mode support for the Windows version?
I'm currently working on some nighttime shots and the white GUI of TG is like staring into the sun. It's very hard to get a good read of the image previews.

Cheers!

WAS

There isn't a dark theme mode. The only way is to change your window colors and such. But in Windows 10 this support is legacy, and very wonky. For example my PC randomly resets to my old dark themes i set up for someone else, which doesn't even work great in TG cause the text can't be changed that I can find. So then you can't read stuff well. In Windows 7 or XP this should work better by just changing window and button and text colors.

DutchDimension

Thanks WAS. I changed my W10 settings to Dark Mode, but nothing changed inside Terragen.

WAS

That's totally different then window class colors, which is changed via the registry now.

Colors are stored in the registry Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Colors

Color values are RGB.

Matt

We are working on a new UI which has a dark mode. We might be able to use it for Terragen 5.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

DutchDimension