Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We realize that many of you will have questions and concerns regarding the Terragen 2 release date announcement and the delay until Q1 2008. We welcome you to post your thoughts below and we'll do our best to address all your questions and comments.

- Oshyan

Seth

I prefer a late release than a too early release with a full bag of bugs !
keep going on your good job guys !
we are with you ! (well at least i am)

philhoole

With the Deep version, will it be possible to use the 3 render nodes to work to work on a single image? That would be brilliant combined with the multicore support.

Thanks

Oshyan

Quote from: philhoole on December 12, 2007, 07:51:50 PM
With the Deep version, will it be possible to use the 3 render nodes to work to work on a single image? That would be brilliant combined with the multicore support.

Thanks
You could certainly do this by using crop regions. We will be working on making GI more consistent across crop boundaries in a single image, so this will hopefully be less of an issue. If you're not using GI then the crop region solution works well even now. You simply have to assemble the finished image in a basic image editor from the separately rendered crop regions. We will not be providing a network system to automatically render single frames over a network at this point however.

- Oshyan

Mr_Lamppost

EXCELLENT news  ;D ;D ;D

I completely agree that a small delay is better than a rushed product full of bugs.

Better yet  :-*

The date for the beta is the day after I get back from the holidays.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Harvey Birdman

Yup, no biggy. Standing joke at an old employer of mine was 'Why do it right when you can do it first?'

I think I'd rather see it right.   :)

moodflow

Thanks for letting us know.  This is very good news.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

RealUser

Really no problem for me. I have currently no time for TG anyhow, there is some music hardware waiting for soundscapes, ;-) union work is eating up much of my private time and christmas is coming ... busyyyyyyy!
Take the time you need guys!
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

Will

NO problum, give me more time to get the cash to prepurchase.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

In reference to the section of the announcement about Multiple 3D previews, what processes such as collapsible windows, nestable windows or window docking or other such UI organization will be present as screen clutter could become an issue. I realize that the most likely response will be "It is best not to have to many open at once" but it is still a consideration that could be an issue. Away round this (Could be added in future) is if the preview windows allowed other windows to be dragged inside other windows then selection of the desired preview could be made form either a menu or list-box.

I will have a better refined idea of what (If any thing) should be done when I have used the system that will be in-place and offer my idea/s based on practical experience.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

rcallicotte

Thanks for the email update.  This is a no-brainer.  I love it that you guys in Planetside are this dedicated.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

glen5700

This is great news to hear, no problem with the delay as far as I'm concerned. Like other folks here I would rather see a delayed and give you and your team the time to get it done right. I'm looking forward to the beta and the new features sound cool.

Glen

Marcos Silveira

Wil water transparency be included in the pack???
???

rcallicotte

Did you get the email?  If not, have you purchased the package?  If you have purchased it, you would have been sent the email...maybe it's in your junk mail?

Quote from: ro-nin on December 13, 2007, 09:26:24 AM
???
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Quote from: ro-nin on December 13, 2007, 09:26:24 AM
???

nothing's written about it ! Oo
so i hope it will