Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthvader

WOOT!!! the memory leak is the most frustration thing for me at this point and I'll be happy to be rid of it!

sjefen

Quote from: darthvader on June 06, 2008, 05:20:04 PM
WOOT!!! the memory leak is the most frustration thing for me at this point and I'll be happy to be rid of it!

Agree. It's the only reason I don't use Terragen at the moment. Been waiting for a fix for it.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: sjefen on June 06, 2008, 06:06:33 PM

Agree. It's the only reason I don't use Terragen at the moment. Been waiting for a fix for it.

Why? You can use the previous version for design and the latest for rendering, no problem...

sjefen

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 07, 2008, 11:35:11 AM
Quote from: sjefen on June 06, 2008, 06:06:33 PM

Why? You can use the previous version for design and the latest for rendering, no problem...

I know. I just decided to wait for a update instead. Besides..... I don't want to install and uninstall the two versions all the time.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

mogn

No need to install and uninstall. You can run both, if installed in different directories.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nikita

The one that reports 0 micro-triangles is the alpha.

Mohawk20

Quote from: nikita on June 08, 2008, 11:05:02 AM
The one that reports 0 micro-triangles is the alpha.

Which has also the faster rendertime...
Howgh!

rcallicotte

...which also has the better light range.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Oshyan

Quote from: seth93 on June 09, 2008, 01:28:08 AM
do i see the horizon bug ?
The reporting of rendered microtriangles will be working in the next release. The "horizon bug" is fixed in TP3 - what you're seeing are sun rays in the distance.

- Oshyan

Seth

RedSquare

Stone me, I had to do a double take reading this thread.  I thought I had stumbled into Daz3D Hexagon forum by mistake and yes I have put my money where my mouth is, the latter being as always, firmly shut.   ;) TG Deep+Animation.

neuspadrin

any news on a tp4 or beta? I don't care if it doesn't fix anything but the memory leak, just a patch to that would make me quite happy.  most annoying thing right now when trying to do stuff in tp3 (but i still dont wanna go back to tp2 cause then i dont get multiple cores... right now the multicore render kinda makes up for the constant crashes)