Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buchvecny

for sure you wont have to pay again...he just wanted to say that after final release prices will go up. you basically bought terragen in discount

Will

yea, the is a pre-purchase that will buy you the product up to Terragen 3
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Terragen 3, that seems along way off I hope that for that major release milestone that another Technology Preview is released so that the kinks can be worked out, but like I said its a ways off in the distant future lots of interesting and cool features to be added between the first release of TG2 on 14th February and then, but it all depends on how well TG2 dose in the market place as a commercial product weather or not Planetside will have the resources to code what is likely to be a major under taking. How much of TG2's code base will survive into TG3, who at this stage can say?

Where will we be when TG3 comes down the pipe, as it where, in 10-15 years according to IBM they should have the manufacturing technology's to be able to make what they call "Super Computing on a Chip" CPU's a physical reality, that could at least in theory find there way into the home computer market or at the vary least high end workstations one suspects that IBM would let other semiconductor manufacturers use this technology in their chip designs in the way that their open architecture paved the way for the PC market we have today. In that same time scale then, we should be in the beginnings of the Optronics (Optical Electronics) age where semiconductors are based on using laser light to move data rather than silicon and copper wire as now, an optical chip using laser light is able to move data at much higher rates than current silicon based technology.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel             

Will

What can we do but guess all I know is that there will still be war and politics.

Oshyan

Just to make sure it's clear, if you have pre-purchased any version of TG2 you are entitled to a free update to the final release *of that version* as well as subsequent releases up to but not including any "Terragen 3" release. So if you have purchased Deep, you will get a free update to the final release of Deep. With Deep + Animation, you will continue to have access to animation features even after the final release of Deep and despite the fact that the Animation Module will not yet be final. Once the final animation module is released you will also receive a free update to that version.

- Oshyan

Arandil

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

Good to know Oshyan! Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, If a Terragen 3 was to ever come..It would be like TG 2 is compared to TG 0.9, I am guessing it would be a completely new program/project.

Though to be honest once they optimise the renderer for TG 2, I cant see too much improvement space in terms of Detail.

Matt

We're not going to talk about Terragen 3 yet :-)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Will

Will you guy make the sun look better when rendering at high altitudes? (instead of a blank white disk)

reck

I think it's low altitudes when the sun is near the horizon where the work is needed. For instance when trying to create sunsets the sun just looks like a white circle instead of a glowing star.

Sethren

I believe there was talk of adding an Aura (Glow) effect to the sun disc not to long ago. Something as simple as that would be effective enough.

zionner

Now, that would be great! lol

Means that I would be able to stop avoiding the sun in my renders! lol

sonshine777

Quote from: zionner on December 19, 2007, 04:08:58 PM
Now, that would be great! lol

Means that I would be able to stop avoiding the sun in my renders! lol

Avoiding the sun is not all that bad, because as you know the sun causes skin cancer. ;D