Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Quote from: dhavalmistry on December 16, 2007, 08:43:55 AM
Thank you Matt....is water transparency included for Feb???

Just take a look at the link Matt just gave you. Water transparency will be avilable 4th of January if you are a licensed users.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

EmDee1

Great to hear about the Terragen 2 announcement and even greater it will be available in about three weeks time for licensed users!
Personally I hope the upcoming version will be more stable again than today's version (which was allready more stable than the version before).
Last months I've worked a lot with T2Deep, I learn to work with the program and appreciate it more and more every day, but also every day I have to deal with a PC that has to be restarted five or more times a day because some Terragen-buttons will not response anymore. Fortunately I save my files frequently...

reck

Quote from: EmDee1 on December 16, 2007, 02:34:03 PM
also every day I have to deal with a PC that has to be restarted five or more times a day because some Terragen-buttons will not response anymore.

I also have to restart the computer or sometimes just TG2 because of the flickering, buttons not responding problem. I sometimes have to do this every few hours. I really hope they have managed to fix this. Still i'm having lots of fun and can't wait for the beta in a few weeks.

moodflow

Quote from: reck on December 16, 2007, 03:36:41 PM
also every day I have to deal with a PC that has to be restarted five or more times a day because some Terragen-buttons will not response anymore.

I also have to restart the computer or sometimes just TG2 because of the flickering, buttons not responding problem. I sometimes have to do this every few hours. I really hope they have managed to fix this. Still i'm having lots of fun and can't wait for the beta in a few weeks.

Currently, I save my files after pretty much every "change" I make.  The latest release is 100X more stable than the original.  However, the current release will always eventually crash, but a simple restart of the app resolves it.  Its still way usuable even with this flaw, and blows away all other apps of this type by a wide margin! 

Personally, I am really looking forward to water transparency, multicore support, and the fixes for GI.  I'd love to see SSS, but it can wait for now, as the first 3 items mean the most for me at this point.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

jo

Hi,

Quote from: reck on December 16, 2007, 03:36:41 PM

This problem is now fixed.

Regards,

Jo

efflux

Great news. The final release will probably be out by the time I get to use TG2 again. The current Mac version of TG2 has far less problems than Modo 301 which has numerous bugs and that's with a final release of software costing $895.00.

moodflow

Quote from: efflux on December 17, 2007, 07:57:49 AM
Great news. The final release will probably be out by the time I get to use TG2 again. The current Mac version of TG2 has far less problems than Modo 301 which has numerous bugs and that's with a final release of software costing $895.00.

$895?  What a ripoff!   Geez.  I don't think any software out there is currently worth that, atleast for me. 

I'm glad TG2 isn't near that much. 
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

buchvecny

Hi its great to finally hear something from you.

My question is about my most asked topic! multicores. I ve read whole this thread and i have some sort of feeling that there will NOT be full multicore support in first release in TG2.

for example... will be the live preview working with 4 cores? Or just one?. How it will be with GI and rendering, will it use all 4?

Second question is simple... if i buy deep edition for 200, will it be possible to add up animation upgrade LATER just for 100?

Oshyan

Multi-core support is still planned for inclusion in the February release, as the announcement mentioned. This means multiple cores will be used during rendering at the least, if not in previews. We are working to allow it for preview use as well, of course. The Beta will include initial multithreading support which will be refined and optimized leading up to the February release.

Pre-release pricing is only good until the final release. The animation upgrade will be more expensive after the February 15th release, regardless of when you purchased the Deep Edition.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Oshyan, would you clarify this?  I purchased the Deep + Animation Edition with the belief that there would be no reason to upgrade to take advantage of animation.  If not, why did I pay extra for the Deep + Animation Edition?

Quote from: Oshyan on December 17, 2007, 09:40:56 PM
The animation upgrade will be more expensive after the February 15th release, regardless of when you purchased the Deep Edition.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

Quote from: calico on December 18, 2007, 10:10:51 AM
Oshyan, would you clarify this?  I purchased the Deep Edition with the belief that there would be no reason to upgrade to take advantage of animation.  If not, why did I pay extra for the Deep Edition?

Quote from: Oshyan on December 17, 2007, 09:40:56 PM
The animation upgrade will be more expensive after the February 15th release, regardless of when you purchased the Deep Edition.

- Oshyan

The animation upgrade has always been more than the deep. And as stated, after Feb 15th the price breaks are off.
If you want a special price on the animation upgrade before the 15th. Thats how I understand it.

zionner

Ok, I get nervous whenever i read about these so im just going to ask:

Once I have Purchaced Deep + Animation (which I already have) I will NOT need to pay again will I?

rcallicotte

Okay.  This is the same question I'm asking.  I have Deep + Animation (not just Deep).  And my question is the same as zionner's.

I apologize for the confusion and have edited the above message.

Quote from: zionner on December 18, 2007, 11:14:09 AM
Ok, I get nervous whenever i read about these so im just going to ask:

Once I have Purchaced Deep + Animation (which I already have) I will NOT need to pay again will I?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

The answer is no, you don't.

When you pre-purchase Terragen 2, you unlock extra capabilities and remove limitations that are in the Technology Preview, Free Non-Commercial edition. You also secure yourself a copy of Terragen 2 "Deep" edition at today's price and are entitled to free updates. The Pre-Purchase includes a commercial license for one user and up to 5 additional render node licenses, depending on the edition.

That is what you will find on the pre-purchase page here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/prepurchase_tg2.shtml
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

reck

Quote from: zionner on December 18, 2007, 11:14:09 AM

This is how I understand it.

If you pre-purchased Deep you will get the a full copy of Deep when it's released.

If you pre-purchased Deep+Animation you will get a full copy of Deep when its' released. You will also get a full copy of the Animation module when that is released. This is why you paid more for for Deep+Anim because you are also purchasing the animation module.