Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I was so excited!....DAMN IT!

I gotta break something in my house...or I will go crazy!!... >:(
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

otakar

If the final release gets delayed, will the pre-release pricing also get extended?

Harvey Birdman

Keep plugging, Matt et al.

;)

A very personal perspective, of course, which I completely understand that others may not share... but personally, I was bumming because I knew I wasn't going to have a chance to work with it for another 3 weeks anyway. Too busy on other stuff.

Like I said, a very personal perspective.

:)

Oshyan

The pre-release pricing will continue until the final release is available.

- Oshyan

EoinArmstrong

What a p1sser :(

But at the end of the day it's for the best - hope you can sort out all the probs, team!

JollyFather

Hello.

I was sorry to hear about this delay.

You just make it work the way it's supposed to and I will wait.

Best regards,

JF

Kevin F

This is really disappointing yet predictable news! It's also very poor PR. Planetside must realise by now that giving deadlines is a flawed policy unless you can guarantee to meet them, and you obviously don't have the resources and backing to support your predictions.
I'm also annoyed that you left it 'till the very day of release to announce the latest delay. This is so unprofessional.
No doubt some of the sycophants on this forum will not agree and say that they would rather wait for a full working version. So would I and have been for most of the last decade!

zionner

Ah, dam!

I thought I was going to be using Transparency today :(

*The Dream Lives on*

lol

matrix2003

Bollocks !  Well we have been here before !
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Fenring

Oh god this was dissapointing  :( And also extremely unprofessional to promise a release and less than one month later on the exact day of the release say that it wont be here, and even worse not even have a new secure date ready.

zionner

Question: I understand the reason why Planetside has chosen to delay the release of beta, as this stage of development can be very unpredictable, but if you are releasing a BETA build, why would It matter about this bug/issue, since it will be a beta, and the whole point of beta if to test the software and fish out bugs before release.

Thanks
Zionner

reck

Quote from: zionner on January 04, 2008, 06:54:18 AM
if you are releasing a BETA build, why would It matter about this bug/issue, since it will be a beta, and the whole point of beta if to test the software and fish out bugs before release.

Thanks
Zionner

If the problem is with the actual renderer itself then they really need to get that fixed before any beta release is made. There is no point in beta testing something that is broken, especially when it's the core component. Much better for Planetside to fix the problem and then release to beta users to ensure that the fix has not broken anything else and that it's stable for final release.

As for timing, I assume the problem was only discovered in the last day or so which explains why we only found now. Due to this I can also understand why they are hesitant in promising another firm release date at this time.

It was very disappointing though. I got out of bed this morning and excitidly checked my email, got even more excited when I saw i'd received an email from Planetside and then suddenly felt very disappointed when I read the word delayed.

JimB

If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. Move on, we'll live, and I'm just happy they found the rendering problem before releasing it or it would have been VERY VERY BAD.  ;)
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

nikita

Quote from: Kevin F on January 04, 2008, 05:10:06 AMThis is really disappointing yet predictable news! It's also very poor PR. Planetside must realise by now that giving deadlines is a flawed policy unless you can guarantee to meet them, and you obviously don't have the resources and backing to support your predictions.
I'm also annoyed that you left it 'till the very day of release to announce the latest delay. This is so unprofessional.
No doubt some of the sycophants on this forum will not agree and say that they would rather wait for a full working version. So would I and have been for most of the last decade!
To be fair, all the previous releases (of TG 1.x) have been met. Even those that have not been officially announced in a separate thread, but where only mentioned somewhere in the forums.

Still, it's disappointing...