Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

ton

moodflow

Quote from: ton on January 14, 2008, 01:46:05 PM
Did anybody mention baking GI yet?

I think I remember someone mentioning it, but I 2nd this as a great idea.  Properly generated GI is the defining element for realism in images in my book.  GI is what makes images standout from being flat cardboard, plastic, circus tent renders.   TG2's GI seems to be quite accurate, and baking would save on some aspects of render time, especially when it came to multiple test renders.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

PG

This has probably been answered somewhere but as a few of you may know my searching techniques have always been, shall we say, *********************t ;D
Anyhoo, if I buy TG2 now I get the update to the full version free, that's stated on the main website. But if I wait till the release, is the price likely to go up?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DeathTwister

Don't ya just love the bleeding edge? ROTFL lol lol lol lol
DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: DeathTwister on January 14, 2008, 08:20:12 PM
Don't ya just love the bleeding edge? ROTFL lol lol lol lol
DT

I do, best to have a team of paramedics on stand by just encase...standing by to give a transfusion of fun if required!  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

sjefen

Quote from: moodflow on January 14, 2008, 01:36:42 PM
multicore support - this is one of the most important improvements needed in my book, especially since the renderer is not optimized for speed yet.

This is aslo in my book. I got my new computer the day after the beta was supposed to be released.

Quote from: moodflow on January 14, 2008, 01:36:42 PM
Additionally, I think the paying user community could really use frequent micro-updates, rather than less frequent larger updates.  This makes the application more useable.  If this is not possible, atleast more communications on progress of the application, with samples.  I want to see how water transparency will look, and/or comparison images between the old and new renderer, even if just to pique our curiosities!

I want some more info too. I want to see water transparencey :P
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Marcos Silveira

Agree, wanna see water transparency too and wanna see it NOW!!!! ;D

Will

Will

You know I would like to see a metaball functionality somehow, it would be cool to use in for atmo and see at two planets tear each others atmos off. Just dreams though.

Oshyan

Well I don't have any real specifics to report, but work is definitely continuing. Essentially we are struggling with the well-known difficulties of multithreading, combined with the complexities of a cutting-edge, unique rendering system. It's quite simply taking much longer than we hoped and anticipated to work out all the kinks. The end results should be well worth it, which is why we continue to struggle with it, but it's certainly frustrating every day that goes by in which we can't release to you guys. We very much appreciate your support and patience.

I'll work on getting some example images as soon as I can, although of course transparency is going to be the only major thing to show.

- Oshyan

moodflow

Oshyan,

Thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop.  This is incredible news to hear.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

I feel as frustrated as any of us can feel (not counting Planetside), but I'm completely convinced that if anyone can do it, you guys can.  Just don't quit.  That's always the key, eh?

Quote from: Oshyan on January 16, 2008, 11:29:24 PM
It's quite simply taking much longer than we hoped and anticipated to work out all the kinks. The end results should be well worth it...
- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

I was just wondering.... what is really the cutting-edge unique rendering system? What does this mean?
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB