Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I can just see it: Button Number Nine: "Work Faster!" Matt: "I'm trying! I'm trying!" Button Number Nine: "Bow to me!!"
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

I've searched the Internet far and wide.  There's nothing on this Button #9.  These uniquely new innovations can only mean one thing - programmers are at the root of it. 

We can only hope for light of day for Planetside's groks.  Our prayers our with you in your time of need.

Send up a flair to let us know you're still on your grok island.  Or just simply release that shiny Beta, Button #9 and all.   ;D

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

neuspadrin

Just curious... any updated release date of beta?  I've been avoiding playing around too much in terragen2 the past bit cause I want the multi-core support so bad :P

Even a lil hint? Is it near?

I'm all for giving you guys the time to make it work properly and get those pesky bugs out... but I'm also craving the ability to use all 4 of my cores ;)  (without having to split up the image and etc etc which is a pain)

Oshyan

Quote from: sjefen on February 01, 2008, 01:44:29 PM
I was just wondering.... what is really the cutting-edge unique rendering system? What does this mean?

TG2 relies on rendertime displacement more heavily than almost any other rendering system, so it needs to be extremely good at it. It also has a stand-out planetary atmosphere model. Those are really its strengths and the parts that make it unique and, in some ways, "cutting-edge".

- Oshyan

squirreltape

Glad to know you guys are so keen to release a version that you know won't be crippled by a foreseen circimstance.  Keep up the good work :)... after all, if it's worth doing then it's worth doing properly eh? even if that does mean inevitable delays

(I'm off back to playing god with planet surfaces in the meantime :D)
There are only 10 types of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't

zionner

Well, its been nearly a month since they were going to release it, and im sure planetside are doing their best to get this version out..

but damned...every day I look for that e-mail for the beta release:'(

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

Me too.   :P  <-- Notice dribble on end of tongue.

PG

It's just like the release of the tech preview, my grandads funeral was on the same day as the release, inconsiderate sod ::) :D I had to floor it home to download it.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

nvseal

Quote from: PG on February 03, 2008, 03:00:00 PM
It's just like the release of the tech preview, my grandads funeral was on the same day as the release, inconsiderate sod ::) :D I had to floor it home to download it.
Haha, wow. The idea of flooring it home after a funeral to download a piece of software really cracks me up.  ;D

Dark Fire

Quote from: zionner on February 03, 2008, 01:15:02 PM
Well, its been nearly a month since they were going to release it, and im sure planetside are doing their best to get this version out..

but damned...every day I look for that e-mail for the beta release:'(
We all know that at least a month can be added onto any Planetside predicted release date (no offence, but it's true). Anyway, on the plus side, having the technology preview around is helping me to introduce people to the wonders of Terragen 2...

PG

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 04, 2008, 02:44:27 PM
We all know that at least a month can be added onto any Planetside predicted release date (no offence, but it's true). Anyway, on the plus side, having the technology preview around is helping me to introduce people to the wonders of Terragen 2...
haha me too, I hope the beta comes soon though, just ordered a core 2 duo 3.0ghz wolfdale, want to use those 2 cores.

@nvseal: yeah well, I never liked the miserable sod anyway.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

joshbakr

Anybody know if the Alpha Testers have their hands on the Beta release that was to be out Jan 4? Just wondering if there's any light at  the end of the tunnel? Matt said it might be a few weeks and it's been a month.

rcallicotte

Good question.  But, it might be another month, which is fine with me.  As long as it's working wonders without the blunders, brilliant.

Tangled-Universe

I don't mind if it's going to take another month.
Though I'm very very curious and eager to see some examples like transparency.
Oshyan promised us a few weeks ago he might be able to arrange some examples, but haven't heared or seen anyone of him yet.

Martin