Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshbakr

Cyber-Angel, I really wish you would check your spelling because it messes up the flow when trying to read your posts. Thanks in advance,

And Regards to you

PG

That's a very Kantian outlook Cyber, totally agree with you too, especially about giving paying customers exculsive info. Maybe by a mailing list.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Harvey Birdman

Don't you think that sort of thing has been suggested (and ignored) before? Do you really think that Planetside needs your help to come up with that? They know how to communicate with their customers just as well as you or I. They don't communicate because they don't feel the need, not because they don't know how.

As DT commented here no long ago, this is doing irreperable damage to their business, or at least to that portion of their business represented here.

PG

Well they are communicating, maybe not as much, or in the way that would be best, but they are doing it. The way you're portraying it is that Planetside are a bunch of lazy "ivory tower" programmers who feel that they have more important things to do than tell us anything.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: PG on April 13, 2008, 11:32:56 AM
That's a very Kantian outlook Cyber, totally agree with you too, especially about giving paying customers exculsive info. Maybe by a mailing list.

Thanks,

Kant is the Philosopher I read most widely so there may be some of him in what I write.

@ Harvey Birdman

I am willing to listen to what you have to say on the issue(s) so that theres no need to go over the same ground again I'd rather not fence with you nor any one else here, would you agree even if not fully that going over the same ground time and again is a tiresome enterprise, that only leads to us tripping over one another?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

joshbakr

Quote from: PG on April 13, 2008, 11:32:56 AM

LOL Mailing list? You got to be kidding. Try sending planetside support a email and see how fast they reply. I have been told by a staff Member who took 3 days to reply to one of my emails that they gave me a prompt reply. Where I'm from 3 days is far from prompt. 

Planetside may be genius at the programing level but are at the other end of the spectrum when it comes to customer service.  Planetside is developing a landscape program to make money but the customers aren't as important?  To me there's something wrong with this picture, but that's the way they make me feel. Sure would be nice if they could find a happy medium then maybe people wouldn't be getting so frustrated waiting. Not trying to be mean, just telling it like I see it.

PG

Yeah, I agree that Planetside could most definately do better to improve customer relations, maybe hire someone to purely handle PR. Sorry if it seems like I'm spewing out theories left, right and centre, I do that a lot ;D
Still they can't be worse than Microsoft or DSG. I tried to re-activate my preinstalled copy of XP media centre when I changed the mobo and CPU and they wouldn't do it because they said that I had XP pro. ::)

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: PG on April 13, 2008, 11:48:41 AM
The way you're portraying it is that Planetside are a bunch of lazy "ivory tower" programmers who feel that they have more important things to do than tell us anything.

I didn't say lazy, but absolutely; based on what I've seen, communicating to the customer base represented in this forum is an extremely low priority.

<edit>
An equally low priority seems to be the release of updates to paid customers. Frankly, (and this isn't going to make me any friends,) I don't think they know how to finish a product; how to draw the line in the sand, say 'no more features, we implement this feature set on this schedule'. Based on the track record I've seen, there is ALWAYS one more feature to add, one more bug to correct.
</edit>

@C-A

Frankly, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread and I don't intend to. You are to be commended for your diligence if you have. If you find I'm repeating what someone else has said, I'd say that points out it's a common sentiment.

Cyber-Angel

3 days for an E-Mail Response, I've heard worse, there is an ISP here in Australia called DODO there are people who've sent them E-Mails and waited an entire six months before they heard any thing in other cases people have never had a response. There are people out there that are snowed under with Email, hundreds a day so much so that the World Health Organization in a report published earlier this year stated that it classified Internet and Email addiction as classes of Mental illness.

I don't have the statistics to hand (nor know of any published on the subject) but surely having your in box flooded and been unable to effectively answer the already  accumulated content thereof must be a factor of workplace related illness (Real or Imagined) and stress, leading to employee down time, productivity loss and the like.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel         

joshbakr

Quote from: PG on April 13, 2008, 12:05:30 PM
Yeah, I agree that Planetside could most definately do better to improve customer relations, maybe hire someone to purely handle PR. Sorry if it seems like I'm spewing out theories left, right and centre, I do that a lot ;D
Still they can't be worse than Microsoft or DSG. I tried to re-activate my preinstalled copy of XP media centre when I changed the mobo and CPU and they wouldn't do it because they said that I had XP pro. ::)

They have a PR Man, it's Oshyan from what I understand.  If you read this thead about someone wondering where the license key is. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3629.msg37502#msg37502 You might see that customer service is not at the top of the list. 

PG

haha. yeah not a great choice of words there is it? ;D He seems to do that a lot. Did it with the beta release date announcement too. Oh yeah, I though of another company that has MUCH worse Customer service than Planetside. Illusion Softworks, now 2K Czech, we've sent hundreds of emails, letters, made telephone calls, even had people go up to the offices and never even had a "sod off, we don't care" from them, in 5 YEARS!!! Now that's poor PR work.  :D

rcallicotte

Well, hey...I'm jumping into the hot water.  What do I know?   ;D

I understand and agree with the sentiment that things are slow...on this particular track.  I have a question, though.  Is there another system out there that can do what Planetside is promising?  I think the keyword is promising.  If they come through with their word on the Beta, all other features (including all of our insistent requests to add more features) be damned, then we could close this thread permanently.  If not, then let's look for another software package that will do what we want. 

Otherwise, just be mad as hell.  It's great for blood pressure - NOT.  Jumping out.  It feels sort of HOT IN HERE!   :o
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

child@play

let them do whatever they are doing, gives me some time to purchase before prices go up ;)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

PG

lol, well I don't think there's anything out there that can beat Terragen. If they'd just give us transparency. ;D in both senses of the word.

Harvey Birdman