Road Test

Started by mhaze, August 30, 2021, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Final! used warped road shoulder mask for river.

Rezzin8

very cool! tons of detail to look at!

WAS

Very nice! I was wondering if that shoulder mask could be used to carve rivers.

Dune

Great update! That river is a very nice addition, looks really natural too.

mhaze

Hannes

Great scene!! Although I'd never dare to drive on that road... ;)

aknight0

Looks great!  I had been thinking that this tool might work for streams and rivers also, but I haven't actually tried it yet, so nice job!  I really like the whitewater section in the canyon on the left.  Is the water surface actually displaced, or is that just color?

mhaze

Thanks, the water surface is displaced - I just used the shoulder mask and displaced down but it would be great to use the road generator to actually displace the river( better river bed) and apply warp?  Would this require a seperate app?

mhaze

Hannes, I've driven on worse and in a big motorhome! Fun until someone came the other way!

DocCharly65

Lady of the Lake

Love the addition of the river.  I also have been on roads like this pulling a RV camping trailer.  Sometimes nail biting.

WAS

Quote from: mhaze on September 15, 2021, 05:19:59 AMHannes, I've driven on worse and in a big motorhome! Fun until someone came the other way!
We took a 32 foot RV up a mountain cause the map said there was camping. It was was so scary and steep. Luckily the road went through to a lake and a main road atop the mountain cause the breaks failed o.o

PS wasn't even any camping, was literally one shoulder turn around for cars. Lol

aknight0

Quote from: mhaze on September 15, 2021, 05:18:41 AMThanks, the water surface is displaced - I just used the shoulder mask and displaced down but it would be great to use the road generator to actually displace the river( better river bed) and apply warp?  Would this require a seperate app?
It looks like it worked nicely.  What I was thinking of doing was adding an altitude offset for the road surface that would let you move the smoothed road either up or down before calculating the shoulder.  I think that would let you make a ditch on flat ground for example, or possibly a river bed coming down a hill.  Things are busy, so it may be a little while, but I don't think it would be hard to add.

mhaze