Bones!

Started by Rezzin8, September 09, 2021, 04:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezzin8

Hi everyone. I haven't posted anything for a long time. I've been out of touch with Terragen for a while but lockdown kinda got me back into it.
This took about 11 hours to render at 2560x1440. Terragen 3.4. I'm sure rendering this in Terragen 4 would be a bit faster perhaps! I'll get there some day! haha. No real story behind this, I guess the bones are the main feature though. I hope you enjoy it, any criticism is totally welcome!
Vegetation is a bit limited, I only have a couple paid from XFrog and most are freebies! I'm still using 'lightnings grass pack v1' from long ago too. Some rocks and the bones themselves created in ZBrush :D

Paul.

WAS

I think it came out very well, actually. Love the bones and shoreline area. My only suggestion is smaller vegetation/rocks and the bones, or larger hills, cause it looks like rather large foot hills from a distance right next to large rocks and vegetation. But it also gives a stylish look, like a cartoon animation pixar would do or something.

masonspappy

The dinosaur bones really make it! :)

Dune

So, welcome back, and I hope you'll post more often. Very worthwhile to see, you've got it in your fingers.

I agree with Jordan; the eroded stratified rocks in the top left seem out of place. I think if you replace those by 'more ordinary' rocks, or put the more distant and much bigger, it's more realistic. And I would get rid of the one small central darkish cloud.

But I love the bones and the way you wet them up.

Rezzin8

Quote from: WAS on September 09, 2021, 06:00:26 PMI think it came out very well, actually. Love the bones and shoreline area. My only suggestion is smaller vegetation/rocks and the bones, or larger hills, cause it looks like rather large foot hills from a distance right next to large rocks and vegetation. But it also gives a stylish look, like a cartoon animation pixar would do or something.
Quote from: Dune on September 10, 2021, 02:54:42 AMSo, welcome back, and I hope you'll post more often. Very worthwhile to see, you've got it in your fingers.

I agree with Jordan; the eroded stratified rocks in the top left seem out of place. I think if you replace those by 'more ordinary' rocks, or put the more distant and much bigger, it's more realistic. And I would get rid of the one small central darkish cloud.

But I love the bones and the way you wet them up.
Thank you, it's good to be using Terragen again. I totally agree with you guys. Yes, 'scale' is certainly one of my enemies right now haha. I hope to improve with these things as I go on. Trying to save up for Terragen 4 too now! There are so many improvements in it I need :D

WAS

Yeah scale is tough. Especially when you don't have much specifically "scaled" stuff that gives you a guide the whole way you build. Just a thought, I think it's also possible to just raise the erosion scales, and they will look like much closer eroded terraces without resetting up the whole scene.

DocCharly65

I agree with Dune about the terrace and the clouds.
But also I like the bones and the vegetation in the foreground!

Rezzin8

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it! Good tips too.

mhaze

This is very well done.

Balletdude