Ice Age scene

Started by Dune, September 14, 2021, 01:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Dune

I did do another PT version, (it took 4.5x as long as an exact copy with RT). Not satisfied yet.... clothing needs more, people...mmm...

mhaze

I really like these the poses are much better.

Hannes

Actually the vegetation looks a lot better with PT I'd say. All in all there is a bit more depth.

Dune

Yes, you're right. The furs of these guys also have more accurate shadows. So I might after all do a PT render. Perhaps this is one of those renders where an export of the terrain might help faster rendering. The complicated glacier is perhaps the culprit for the long render times. Or I'll delete the glacier for the PT and delete the people for the RT, and blend Or use layers, which I've never done. Or just let it rumble on...

DocCharly65

I agree with Hannes. PT is the winner. The shadows look much better, too.

Balletdude

Love the second version, the poses are more natural, though I do like the more overcast sky in the first, but thats a personal preference

Dune

As a matter of fact I've taken out the clouds altogether, just left the cirrus and haze. I thought the whole became too fragmented/busy. A piece of quiet on the eye is pleasant too.

masonspappy

Echo others - PT looks better

pclavett

Lovely ground cover and ice wall....... amazing work as usual !

WAS

It seems that the only thing really truly benefitting from PT is the vegetation. The ice is more blue in shadow, but I think you can accomplish that look by simply upping transparency of a Default Shader with a blue selected. Could probably render the ice sep like suggested.

Dune

Well, I did it in a simple way; a PT render without the glacier and a standard render with the glacier, and I just layered and did some wiping away where needed. Went pretty fast. The extra bluish sheen wasn't even that important, so I didn't add extra colors or so.

pixelpusher636

Looks great dune! You always manage to get everything in view. An area I struggle with.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.