Alien planet

Started by Hannes, September 27, 2021, 04:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This is the animated version of my "Alien planet" image.
I wanted to see how it looks in motion. In the original image I used a cloud layer for the ring in the foreground. This is OK for a single image, since it renders extremely long. But for the animation I faked it by using the semi transparent ring object itself, which looks a bit like the cloud layer and renders way faster. I added some more small rocks for the ring and additionally I animated the rotation of the larger rock instances. Since I already had edited lots of them, the rotation doesn't look too uniform. I have no idea, if the debris in a planet ring moves at all, but I took the artistic freedomgive it some motion.

masonspappy

cyphyr

Looks great. Good choice to give the rocks some motion. Might be nice to try a shot travelling along the rings.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

crisb

Wonderful stuff Hannes ! ... as always :)

DocCharly65

Unbelievable great stuff, Hannes!

Dune

Great! The stones' movements are very subtle.

Kadri

Looks cool Hannes. I would love to see a slower and longer camera movement over these rings :)

DocCharly65

Much better exhausts now. Great Work!

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 27, 2021, 10:54:32 AMMuch better exhausts now. Great Work!
Maybe the wrong thread, Nils? ;D ;D ;D

DocCharly65

uuups... I had opended too many tabs in the explorer... sorry ... already replied in the correct one ;D ;D ;D