Community Projects Idea

Started by WAS, October 08, 2021, 04:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I had an idea to put together a series of projects; with different focuses. Hopefully utilizing volunteer time of multiple Terragen masters, I was hoping of putting together projects which showcase Terragen's abilities, and also demonstrate how to achieve them through commentary.

Would anyone here be interested in lending their time to add to, and or start projects for this series?

When complete, I was hoping these can be put up on the main Planetside website under resources so anyone grabbing a paid or free copy of Terragen can jump right into scenes hopefully up their ally.

Nala1977

if i had the skill i would do it, so far terragen been extremely hard to produce the look i want, its mostly random and you get what the software decides for you.
i find it very hard to control, so yeah sorry

Dune

Only a handful of people posting stuff, so I wouldn't know where you'd get the multiple masters from. If you count me among them, I'm also sorry to say I won't participate in such a project. I am very dedicated/addicted to TG, and always willing to help people out, but there seem to be extremely few people even asking stuff.
And I haven't got much time. Though I do admire your hopeful idea!

WAS

Quote from: Dune on October 09, 2021, 02:33:37 AMOnly a handful of people posting stuff, so I wouldn't know where you'd get the multiple masters from. If you count me among them, I'm also sorry to say I won't participate in such a project. I am very dedicated/addicted to TG, and always willing to help people out, but there seem to be extremely few people even asking stuff.
And I haven't got much time. Though I do admire your hopeful idea!

We really should work on keeping the passive derogatory stuff off these forums which makes TG out to be a pointless endeavour. >.< Probably better off just not replying to this thread, Ulco. As is we've had more new members posting and asking questions then the last 5 years with all the great work PS staff has been putting in now.

Dune

I don't exactly know what you mean (actually had to look up what derogatory means), but I'll refrain from any comment. I'll see where you go with the idea, and jump in if needed and if time permits. Of course, I hope more people will get a better understanding of TG.