Installation Error (Win 11)

Started by SteveR, October 09, 2021, 07:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveR

Hey all, ok so I like new things and so have installed Win11. Only problem so far is when I attempt to re-install TG (I'm on maintenance) I get this error during the installation process - any thoughts?

Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\steph\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC2DB.tmp\vcredist_x64_2010\vcredist_x64.exe' has changed since it was initially published.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\steph\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDC2DB.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Thank you
Steve

WAS

The version Windows installs on it's own for Windows 10/11 doesn't seem to be the same version that Matt uses with Terragen, so this error seems to be common. You could try installing VC separately and see if the installer sees it. I got the error again on my laptop, which had a fresh install of Windows 10. As well as on my main desktop PC when I initially installed these new versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

SteveR

Thank you WAS - worked like a charm - appreciate it :)
Steve

Matt

This was a problem with 4.5.56 and earlier, but should be fixed in 4.5.60. We'll be updating all our download links to point to 4.5.60 soon.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.