medieval village scene

Started by Dune, October 10, 2021, 03:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here is the example I get calibrating for my printer, which has no toner so I can't really test, but the CMYK version is noticeably darker when prepped for  clear coat printer. Left is CMYK.

As far as I remember, the print will be darker than the PC, because my monitor doesn't use a brightness range around 50%, but 100%, plus the backlight at 100% so what I see is much brighter than it should be on print. An EXR will also be naturally darker because of the range.

Dune

Thanks, Jordan. I contacted the printer's, and he offered to do an optimized version (which I didn't check when ordering). That one turned out just fine.
I don't know if they really use CMYK when doing digital prints. The print I ordered was on photographic paper and I'd expect they just light the paper from the (RGB) file, and develop. When real dyes are used for single prints they are often 8 colors or so, so not really CMYK too, I believe. For book editions it's CMYK.
Anyway, CMYK always turns out a little greyish (on my monitor), and I never liked needing it.
Your CMYK version is just a tad darker than the right version, but my print was really dark.

The guy also adviced me to use the dark print to calibrate my monitor, so I set it darker. Perhaps better for the eyes too 8)

Today 2 TG prints on canvas and panel will be delivered to a local museum (2x4m and 120x190cm), and I can't wait to check out what they made of it. I so hope they're okay...