Rockscape

Started by Dune, August 09, 2021, 04:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

An ordinary render, once again. Some rockface experiment.

DocCharly65

Great rock textures, Ulco!

mhaze

Nice one - the mist gives a great mood.

aknight0

Very nice sense of scale on this one!

Dune

Another rock render.

mhaze

Terrific - reminds me of some cliffs in china with a huge arch.

WAS

Thats awesome! Super majestic looking.

aknight0

Very nice!  I like the blocky structure, and how you've blended the large rocks with the hills they emerge from.  The right side looks especially nice.  Nice coloring on the rocks as well.  The wavy green tree in the foreground looks a little odd, but maybe that's just me.

DocCharly65

Real Titans! Great!
Perfect look, ambience and details.

Dune

Thanks guys. The wavy tree doesn't really belong there, as it's typical (Dutch, medieval) kind of tree made for other renders. In the Middle Ages they used to use trees for whatever and cut them of. New growth came up from what was left, and was cut off again... the roots went spreading and growing and after a lot of years (oak) trees grew in sort of rings around that one base. With quite curvy trunks. I didn't particularly pay attention to what I was putting in; the large, straight trees are not all mine either, don't know where they came from.
I may use the setup and make a little stream in the valley....

sboerner

QuoteIn the Middle Ages they used to use trees for whatever and cut them of. New growth came up from what was left, and was cut off again... the roots went spreading and growing and after a lot of years (oak) trees grew in sort of rings around that one base. With quite curvy trunks.
Interesting. Sustainable use, sort of?

Love the scale and sense of wonder in that second render. Hope you continue with it.

Dune

Yes, and it's typical for our area. Rare, so well preserved. Here are some photo's, one a little further in 'expansion' than the other.

pixelpusher636

Incredible work, very nicely done!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.