Aerial tramway

Started by N-drju, June 10, 2021, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Good morning Community,

I'd like to share my first non-building model with you. It was a really time-consuming task but I had lots of fun building it and I believe the final effect is quite decent overall.

Below, you will find a link to the aerial tramway car I made in Blender. Complete with totally pointless front and rear lights and amusingly redundant dashboard. :P

wago1.jpg  wago3.jpg

One of the hardest parts of this project for me, was to keep the file size within reasonable limits. The first draft of this object weighed 270 mb... I have set myself a goal of reducing this to at least less than 100mb without impacting the quality too much and I met this goal. While we're at it, I'd like to cordially thank @KlausK and @sboerner for offering their tips and teaching me how to keep the polygon count at decent levels.

The car also comes with five UVed surfaces - front, left and right liveries and a dashboard. You will probably need to reassign them upon loading the object. The default dashboard texture even contains an Easter egg. :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2-MdFrSZ6diiPCYdPrDjWDEfYzTeC1n/view?usp=sharing

Any tips and constructive criticism are welcome. Do let me know how you like it and what I should improve. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

sboerner

Cool model. Are you planning to use it in a scene? It would be nice to see a few of these, maybe a *little* weathered and beat-up, ascending a mountainside on a cable.

WAS

This very cool! Great share.. something totally different.

N-drju

Quote from: sboerner on June 10, 2021, 11:43:16 AMCool model. Are you planning to use it in a scene?

Yes, this was the idea all along. I just need to make a pylon along with the conveyor line. Should be a cakewalk now!

Thanks for the comments Guys. 
:)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Very curious to see this in your landscape. Good luck!