Fall Medley

Started by aknight0, October 28, 2021, 09:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

An assortment of scenes from the last few weeks, some better than others.  Strangely enough I made both the snowy picture and the lighthouse picture before before Dune and Luc posted theirs, so it must just be that time of year?  :P  Models from sketchfab and Xfrog.  

Frost.jpg Vessel.jpg Lighthouse_small.jpg 1.jpg

Dune

I like the light and mood in the snow scene very much. One thing I would change is the raised snow on top of the rocks, though.
The lighting tower scene is great too, but in that one I would give the vessel a bit of a tilt/dip, because with such rough waves it would hardly ever float so straight.
I also like the flower scene. Great stuff!

Hannes

I agree with Ulco. The snow is a bit too piled up and the waves are too rough in both images to my taste. I think the water would be rather foamy with lots of spray, and as Ulco said, the ship would be tossed around like crazy.
The flower image is sweet! Beautiful plant model. The petals look absolutely natural.

Lady of the Lake

All are very good but since I don't much care for snow or rough water, the flower one is my favorite.

DocCharly65

All very beautiful. Nice work.

Though I couldn't do it better I agree with Ulco and Hannes.

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful light and atmosphere. I prefer the latter for its lens focus.

DocCharly65

Changed my post today after I saw one of my most fatal typo in text ever...
of course I ment could not do it better. I was just writing too fast and the n't got lost. Sorry. :-\

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 31, 2021, 08:36:08 AMChanged my post today after I saw one of my most fatal typo in text ever...
of course I ment could not do it better. I was just writing too fast and the n't got lost. Sorry. :-\
;D ;D ;D ;D
I read that, and I thought, no, he didn't mean that!!! Good, you spotted it.

DocCharly65

Yes, Hannes. You can't imagine my shock when I read it... 
I hope that aknight either didn't read that fauxpas-version, or accepts my my apologies.
Although my inattentiveness, especially in language use, can have dangerous - well - embarrassing effects.  :(

aknight0

Haha, no harm done Doc, and no offense taken.  I'm sure you could do better!   ;D

Thanks for the feedback all, it's helpful.  I'll have to work on my ocean skills some more  :)