...and yet another sci fi scene...

Started by Hannes, October 30, 2021, 04:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This is more or less part two of my previous animation. This time everything is rendered at once, and I used a resolution of 800 by 450 px, because these inside PT renders take quite some time.

Dune

Wow, great! You could well work together with Nils!!

Hannes

DocCharly65

Hey did you cheat? I recognized you in that spacesuit filming the scene on board... ;D ;D ;D 

No - sorry - stop joking... great job!

Only thing is the rotation would let gravity be 180° turned - right?

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 30, 2021, 12:08:52 PMOnly thing is the rotation would let gravity be 180° turned - right?
Actually I have no idea, how gravity would be achieved in this case. Maybe it's the centrifugal force of the rotating rings?

Anyway, thanks, Nils!!! ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on October 30, 2021, 12:43:21 PMMaybe it's the centrifugal force of the rotating rings?

I think that would be the most plausible solution. It would mean that your camera position is inside of one of thes rings. 
Horrible imagination what you'd see if that thing rotates , the stars rotate, the other rings rotate in the opposite direction...  :-[ ??? ;D ;D ;D

Hannes

Yes, that's what made me hesitate to make the background rotate in this clip. (Actually it's the background, not the station itself in this case, because it was easier.)
But all in all it reminds you, what you had for dinner...

Hannes

Quote from: Hannes on October 30, 2021, 12:43:21 PMMaybe it's the centrifugal force of the rotating rings?
I just realized, that I completely did it wrong, because the astronauts would walk on the ceiling of the rings to use the centrifugal force, not on the floor. So the floor would be the ceiling, and the ceiling would be the floor... if you know, what I mean... a nightmare for the interior architect...

Dune

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on October 30, 2021, 05:47:19 PMthe astronauts would walk on the ceiling of the rings to use the centrifugal force, not on the floor
What if you just re-render with the astronauts walking on the ceiling? If I watched correct, the model seems to be a quite symmetric construction, so that you could use the ceilling as floor - or you keep out their feet as good as possible?

And a great effect to be optionally added could be that you turn the camera 180° while filming... they walk into the screen upside down and leave it in "usual" view...
A great challenge for every stomach ;D

Hannes

Lots of great ideas! Maybe I'll rerender the whole thing completely. Thanks, guys!

WAS

Despite gravity thing it still looks really good. Lighting is awesome.